• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can someone identify this worm looking stool specimen

I have been having kidney ache for the last two weeks.

The last few days it's developed and I've had a bad neurological attack on my body causing nerve pain, numbness all over body, feeling infected in brain and bad fatigue.

Yesterday this big worm looking thing comes out in my stools and there's barely any stools just mainly this worm ghost looking thing.

The main reason why I'm writing this post is does anyone know any laboratories in the UK which can identify what it is for me by looking under a microscope? I have no trust in the NHS stool tests for pathogens as they have never shown anything for me. I don't have time on my side as it has been in the fridge since yesterday, I was unsure if I could put it in the freezer or not the sample also contains toilet water. It is also is a bank holiday tomorrow.

I don't have time to wait and receive a GI360 or CSA test and also I would prefer if I could just find a laboratory that can examine it under a microscope and identify it rather than a preset test with a limited number of pathogens to test for.

I was also wondering if any you know what this could be, possibly biofilm, candida or mucosal slooks?

I'm pretty sure this muscusy specimen contains the pathogen that has been causing me issues for the last 3 years and I finally have managed to collect it in a sample bottle

I haven't had an attack like this for around a year as I thought I had fixed it but in the two years before this year, I would get the same thing appearing in my stools every time I felt really bad, when I had these terrible infection symptoms in body and brain.

This morning I woke up in the middle of the night at 3am with chills, shivering for two hours, nauseous, feeling weak and headachey and kidneys are aching on both sides but no extreme pain in kidneys.

Today I feel very weak and rough, muscle joint aches, kidney aches but no temperature, I've had to stay in bed all day. No pain when urinating.

I have already done a GI360 test a few months ago when I didn't have infection symptoms and salmonella was positive by PCR however I am unsure if this is the cause of this current infection.

I have also done DNA tests for h pylori and all negative so definitely not that.

It is important for me to find out what this specific thing is as I was denied antibiotics for years from NHS gps even though it was clear I had a serious infection and just labelled as anxiety and IBS.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 21.03.37.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 21.03.37.png
    737.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 21.03.49.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 21.03.49.png
    612.2 KB · Views: 58

Pyrrhus

I have already done a GI360 test a few months ago when I didn't have infection symptoms and salmonella was positive by PCR however I am unsure if this is the cause of this current infection.

I wonder: Could you possibly use that lab report to finally get a prescription for antibiotics?

I haven’t tried but I’m pretty sure conventional doctors don’t care about PCR positives for gut infections as they can pick up the tiniest fragments of a pathogen so they will just say it’s from a past infection.

I also read online that people can be carriers of salmonella for life asymptotically which is another reason why they probably would dismiss the result.

I saw a gastroenterologist a few months ago and he was so unhelpful that if I told him this I know he wouldn’t help. He also ignored all the emails I wrote to him.

I have been using lactoferrin as advised by Amy Yasko for a month in small doses which can kill salmonella however I’ve haven’t felt any improvements since taking it, all it does is cause brain fog and I can’t tolerate more than 1/5 of a capsule.

So because of making no improvements I am unsure if this specimen I found yesteday is because of salmonella or not.

I was also advised to take cilantro for the salmonella by her but I had to stop taking it after five days as the immune response from the cilantro was too much for me to handle in the end. I was also eating way too much of the cilantro which was my fault.

Rufous McKinney

I seem to recall this coming up in an older PR thread....might go looking.

not a worm, in my opinion, but explaining why I think that- I need to wake up my. husband. We took a specimen to the VET to get it id.

I seem to recall this coming up in an older PR thread....might go looking.

not a worm, in my opinion, but explaining why I think that- I need to wake up my. husband. We took a specimen to the VET to get it id.

Sorry maybe I should have made it more clear, I know it’s not a worm, I just meant it had the appearance of a worm.

My guess is it’s probably biofilm or mucosal slooks, but I think the bad bacteria/fungi is inside this.

I don’t have a pet so I don’t think I could go to a VET.

thanks

Rufous McKinney

My guess is it’s probably biofilm or mucosal slooks, but I think the bad bacteria/fungi is inside this.

I don’t have a pet so I don’t think I could go to a VET.

ok- yes things like this appear, heard or seen.

something biofilm related most likely,

If you search for "ropeworm" online, you will find a lot of people reporting shedding this.

Although some people believe this is a type of worm, I understand it's just the intestines shedding their lining.

See this Wikipedia article on ropeworms.

Yeah I've seen the stuff about the "ropeworm" intestinal linning in the past, from the start I wasn't saying this was a worm, I just meant it had a worm like appearance.

xena

I have been having kidney ache for the last two weeks.

The last few days it's developed and I've had a bad neurological attack on my body causing nerve pain, numbness all over body, feeling infected in brain and bad fatigue.

Yesterday this big worm looking thing comes out in my stools and there's barely any stools just mainly this worm ghost looking thing.

The main reason why I'm writing this post is does anyone know any laboratories in the UK which can identify what it is for me by looking under a microscope? I have no trust in the NHS stool tests for pathogens as they have never shown anything for me. I don't have time on my side as it has been in the fridge since yesterday, I was unsure if I could put it in the freezer or not the sample also contains toilet water. It is also is a bank holiday tomorrow.

I don't have time to wait and receive a GI360 or CSA test and also I would prefer if I could just find a laboratory that can examine it under a microscope and identify it rather than a preset test with a limited number of pathogens to test for.

I was also wondering if any you know what this could be, possibly biofilm, candida or mucosal slooks?

I'm pretty sure this muscusy specimen contains the pathogen that has been causing me issues for the last 3 years and I finally have managed to collect it in a sample bottle

I haven't had an attack like this for around a year as I thought I had fixed it but in the two years before this year, I would get the same thing appearing in my stools every time I felt really bad, when I had these terrible infection symptoms in body and brain.

This morning I woke up in the middle of the night at 3am with chills, shivering for two hours, nauseous, feeling weak and headachey and kidneys are aching on both sides but no extreme pain in kidneys.

Today I feel very weak and rough, muscle joint aches, kidney aches but no temperature, I've had to stay in bed all day. No pain when urinating.

I have also done DNA tests for h pylori and all negative so definitely not that.

It is important for me to find out what this specific thing is as I was denied antibiotics for years from NHS gps even though it was clear I had a serious infection and just labelled as anxiety and IBS.

Thanks
possibly a chunk of old accumulated mucus aka mucoid plaque falling out?

had you done any dietary changes or are you on any supplements? digestive enzymes can cause them to release. as can mimosa pudica in my experience.