• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can be CFS caused by a HIV-like infection?

Jammy88

oh sorry Hip, double question.

Also, do you guys know a doctor willing to give ARV's ? maybe KDM ?

Daffodil

@Hip @Jammy88 ..yes as i mentioned above, i was on viread for 3 years. it helped a little bit. antibiotics helped the most.

jammy..i have heard dr chia is sometimes using lamivudine for enterovirus

i would not recommend going on ARV's at this point. I would first suggest getting LTT ELISPOT for Borrelia

{not medical advice)

I believe the AZT i took permanently damaged my heart

KDM would not give ARV's. i dont even think he uses regular antivirals

Last edited:

sorin

Sorry my friend,

there are several reports saying Lyme is a transmitted disease you can acquire from somebody.

There's a big cover up on Lyme disease.
Please note my friend that the quote I gave saying there is no evidence for Lyme being transmitted sexually is from cdc.gov - that is official US institution covered by US Government. So, you are suggesting that US Gov tries to cover up on Lyme? Why would it do this?

Hello all!

My name is Sorin, a 35 years old man, who is suffering from 2010 of something yet not diagnosed but which have many things in common with CFS.

Do you think that CFS could be caused by an unidentified type of HIV-like virus? I can see so many similarities between HIV symptoms and CFS symptoms that I was wondering why if CFS is triggered by a "relative" of HIV-virus?

My CD4 count decreased with about 100 in 1 year (autumn 2014 compared to now).
My latest results are

CD3+ CD4+ 32% 674/mmc
CD3+ CD8+ 50% 1.058/mmc
CD4/CD8 2:3
CD3+ CD56+ (NK-T) 13,5%

CD4/CD8 seems to be inversed (normal is >1)
CD8 seems to be increased

Last year (November 2014) I had
CD4 782
CD8 1075
CD4/CD8=0.73

I am worried about CD4 because it is known that HIV decreases the CD4 count to a level where opportunistic dangerous infections and cancers could appear. I tested several times for HIV and it was always negative, but I am worried that CFS can be the result of a HIV-like infection (not HIV 1 or HIV 2 but a similar virus).

It is known that when CD4 deceases below 350, as far as I know, for HIV positive people, the antiviral therapy starts, which does not happen in case of CFS HIV negative.
The same, when CD4<200 then HIV patients are declared to have AIDS and their life is in danger, special protocols have to be applied. For people with CFS but HIV negative who reach CD4<200, nothing happens, no diagnostic and hence no treatment. That is something to worry about CFS sufferers.

On the other hand, why is not prescribed antiviral therapy for CFS patients as it is done for HIV? I think it can not hurt, but will have benefits for CFS patients.

All the best!
Regards,
Sorin
Hi sorin i came from Italy ..the cause of low cd4 maybe to be an retrovirus colled hiap II that its found in hight % of people with cd4 linfopenua... there is a company that study this and develop a test for dyagnoses

alex3619

so it is not "the severity of the infection,"
Read the Dubbo studies. They are not perfect, but a newer one is underway. Same infection, different outcome. They identified that severity of the infection response, and I should have emphasized that before, was the risk factor. So if you got much sicker from the same infection as others, then your risk increased. We see the same in SARS, giardia, Q fever and so on.

We also have to consider that ME is linked to many pathogens as possible triggers.

A final problem is that a new pathogen unrelated to other known pathogens might not show up even in broad testing in a study.

sorin

Hi sorin i came from Italy ..the cause of low cd4 maybe to be an retrovirus colled hiap II that its found in hight % of people with cd4 linfopenua... there is a company that study this and develop a test for dyagnoses
Hi Ferro! That is very interesting and is exactly what I thought is 99% obvious from the beginning - that CFS is non-HIV AIDS caused by a retrovirus, similar in many ways with HIV. Now we have laboratories that say the same thing
http://www.autoimmune.com/Non-HIVAIDSGen.html
Hopefully the tests will become available soon. And a treatment, too.

Last edited:

Violeta

@sorin , are you from Italy? In 2009 a flu vaccine was given that is causing serious issues. Did you have a flu vaccine in 2009?

sorin

@sorin , are you from Italy? In 2009 a flu vaccine was given that is causing serious issues. Did you have a flu vaccine in 2009?
Hi Violeta! No, I am not from Italy. My problems started when I was living in Ireland, in 2010, when I got a strong flu (I think it was H1N1) and then I had a flu vaccine in Ireland in 2010 and 2011 (Vaxigrip for north Europe I think, but not sure)

Violeta

Hi Violeta! No, I am not from Italy. My problems started when I was living in Ireland, in 2010, when I got a strong flu (I think it was H1N1) and then I had a flu vaccine in Ireland in 2010 and 2011 (Vaxigrip for north Europe I think, but not sure)
Okay, I see that Vaxigrip does not contain the adjuvant that Pandemrix or Fluad contain.

Regarding my abdominal pain, the doctors said it is in the muscle abdominal wall rather than internally in the stomach.
Looks like the pain is in the diaphragm muscle, but myself I am not sure if it is not a kind of ulcerous condition inside stomach.
I did several ultrasound tests which did not reveal anything apart of fat liver. What non-invasive tests can I do for this pain? I noticed that it was said earlier in this thread that Coxsackie B virus can trigger such symptoms. I will test for this, but apart of it, which other tests can I do? I do not want to do a gastro endoscopy but something non-invasive.
How are you sorin? Is your situation better? Did you tested doer coxsackie B virus?