• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can anyone help me interpret my Genova Metabolic Analysis Profile test results?

Hi everyone,
I had a Genova MAP test done a few years ago. I think it's now called an Organic test. I didn't get anyone to interpret it since it seemed to show all was in range except for B1 which was borderline. I read an article today about B1 deficiency and CFS and hecne thought I should go back and look at the test results. Can anyone shed any light on the results for me please? Many thanks.

Attachments

• MAP metabolic Analysis Profile_anon.pdf
    474.1 KB · Views: 31

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Hi everyone,
I had a Genova MAP test done a few years ago. I think it's now called an Organic test. I didn't get anyone to interpret it since it seemed to show all was in range except for B1 which was borderline. I read an article today about B1 deficiency and CFS and hecne thought I should go back and look at the test results. Can anyone shed any light on the results for me please? Many thanks.
Looks pretty okay-ish, I've seen far worse results. Signs of a dysbiosis and possibly ox stress.
What is interesting is that you show kind of an inverse pyruvate/lactate ratio to what I usually see with higher pyruvate and lower lactate.
For how long are you ill?

Shanti1

Administrator
I agree with @Martin aka paused||M.E. that these look pretty good. There can be a lot of movement in this type of testing day-to-day because the body is in a constant state of flux, especially with CTA cycle intermediates, so imho, markers that are just slightly low or high should be taken with a grain of salt. As he points out, they may look different when you are in a crash. The Benzoic acid can also result from high polyphenol intake (tea, coffee, fruits, turmeric, resveratrol etc), so that should be considered. The low B1 is something to consider:
https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2021/04/15/thiamine-b-1-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-fibromyalgia/
https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...-fatigue-syndrome-benefit-high-dose-thiamine/

@Shanti1 than you. Very useful. Thank you also for the interesting links re b1. It sounds very convincing from the second article. Although I'm actually thinking my issue is possibly mainly a low cortisol issue (4 point saliva shows a low, low, low high pattern which corresponds with how I feel).