• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Camel Dung was The First Probiotic

YippeeKi YOW !!

There are times I think maybe I ought to try eating my dog's poop?
Uhhhhh .... I'm gonna go with NO. NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOO :eek::eek: :aghhh::aghhh::aghhh:.....

There's a universe of difference between camel dung, which is, relatively speaking, pretty clean, and dog poo, which isn't, particularly considering what most pet owners feed their poo-ing pooches.

Damn, you are brave @antares4141 ....

antares4141

Uhhhhh .... I'm gonna go with NO. NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOO :eek::eek: :aghhh::aghhh::aghhh:.....

There's a universe of difference between camel dung, which is, relatively speaking, pretty clean, and dog poo, which isn't, particularly considering what most pet owners feed their poo-ing pooches.

Damn, you are brave @antares4141 ....
I feed my dog pretty good. She does pick up some nasty things off of the ground though.

And dog's pick up and sometimes eat dead animals. They couldn't do that if they didn't have iron stomachs.

YippeeKi YOW !!

I feed my dog pretty good. She does pick up some nasty things off of the ground though.

And dog's pick up and sometimes eat dead animals. They couldn't do that if they didn't have iron stomachs.
You crack me up in all the right ways :D:D:D !!!

And yeah, dogs do seem to be able to digest everything from toy trucks to small vermin, bones and all ....

So there's that ....

Wishful

They couldn't do that if they didn't have iron stomachs.

The problem is that they don't pass their digestive invulnerability along with their poop.

It's certainly possible for some other species to have microbial strains that would be healthy for us, and also lack species that would be unhealthy, but the odds are probably pretty low for that happy combination.

I drink rainwater, with only simple filtering, so I'm sure I've consumed bird poop and dead bugs and all their microbes. I don't think it's done me any harm, but no noticeable good either.

I have no plans to experiment with unidentified (or identified for that matter) dung I encounter in the woods.