• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brother-In-Law Donating Plasma

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I am not sure I am putting this in the right place. If I am not, could you please move it to the correct category?

I mentioned before on this forum that there are several people on my husband's side of the family with either CFS/ME or Fibromyalgia. My sister-in-law (his wife) is very sick with Alzheimers and he has been broke, so he is donating plazma for money. Although they have both been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and fatigue, as far as I know, my brother-in-law has not had an official diagnosis of CFS. My husband just informed me that this particular sister-in-law was diagnosed with CFS (Something I will have to verify tomorrow.) I do not think, however, that they have seen a rhuematologist or anyone particularly knowledgeable in the area of CFS/ME.

As I said, all my husband's siblings are sick and my husband is also sick. Whatever this is, his family is extremely susceptible and it does seem contagious.

I don't know much about XMRV and plasma. My brother-in-law has not been tested for XMRV and probably won't ever because he is stubborn. (None of us have because we lack the funds to do so.) But, since we have so many people sick in our family, I really do not think he should be donating blood or plasma. I tried to explain this to him, but he is not getting it. I have talked to him several times about XMRV. I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I could say to him? Please and Thank You.