• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bradycardia

judyinthesky

Does anyone have an average low resting heart rate such as 46?

I don't sit.
I have POTS when standing up, relative to my heart rate it seems.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I've only had it go that low once that I know of one time when I was under a lot of stress. I'm starting to research Chronotropic Incompetence. I noticed some threads here mention it but I'm just starting to read about it.

I also remember you mentioned having no thyroid and I've read it can be caused by hypothyroidism. Could you possibly need an adjustment to your thyroid meds?

Last edited:

judyinthesky

I've only had it go that low once that I know of one time when I was under a lot of stress. I'm starting to research Chronotropic Incompetence. I noticed some threads here mention it but I'm just starting to read about it.

I also remember you mentioned having no thyroid and I've read it can be caused by hypothyroidism. Could you possibly need an adjustment to your thyroid meds?

My thyroid is a story of lesser evil
I don't have enough ft3 but can't deal with any form of T3.
There's not much logic in my values, just that if the brain inflammation is more, the TSH is lower etc. I've even written my dissertation on the subject. So I guess I've done everything on that front.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
May not be helpful suggestions but have you tried glandulars. I was wanting to try this bovine glandular because I think it would be more bio-identical than porcine which I've read has something like an 80/20 ratio of t4/t3 when our bodies are more like a 97/3.

https://nutri-meds.com/product/nm-g-btc-65mg/

I also just found this one as well which is a cream.
https://www.liverdoctor.com/thyroid-hormone-cream-35mg.html

I know they would still probably have the t3 but at least with the cream, I don't believe it would have to go through your liver to be processed. Though the cream is still listed as porcine. :(

??

sunshine44

Que sera sera
Yes, In early 2017, I began noticing my resting heart rate, sitting while on couch with my husband was 40-45 every night. I had no idea what was happening at time and drs certainly didn’t because I was mainly tachy in appointments. It literally felt like I was hardly having a heartbeat at times.