• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bought sauna suit and water bag vest. Should I keep them to help detox?

The following is about 90% summary of latest daily treatment regimen after substantial changes recently made. Completely unnecessary. Just optional background info. The bottom addresses question of sauna suit.

I can't remember now where I got the idea but I already have a Portable sauna(Thera 360 waste of a few hundred bucks at $800 being no better than it's $2-500 competition) and I've put in place of the foldable lawn chair a strong vibration machine. With my new gym of therapy equipment I have not time to hang on the teeter's, vibrate, rebound, self massage, sauna, prepare 100 vitamins/minerals shakes /drinks etc all in a day, so I sauna and vibrate, shower, coffee enema, hang upside down, rinse and repeat x2-3, then finally rinse(thats key after 3 cycle coffee enema ;) ) ..

Thats not to mention I just spent 10k on a pemf machine so I'm literally spent. Oh, and removed amalgam. Pemf is great but unfortunately too expensive. I pop electricity into my body with it a couple hours a day minimum. This one is pretty strong. It's like a deep tissue massage but not working permanent miracles. Can't say worth 10k but that's relative and I'm not returning it. Can't afford $85/half hr sessions with the chiro. After an abusive couple hours of jujitsu it does soften the inflammation and have noticeable effects.

Martial arts 5 days a week now vs 1-3 before. And there is a mental factor to it. Constant pain currently but weak fragile body sort of forced into a higher performing state(although bones and joints and itchy enflamed skin barely able to handle grappling a bunch of mostly healthy beasts) but I can remember just how it feels not to push myself and its almost exactly the same pain but without the slight energy and confidence change. Most people with serious autoimmune wouldn't try this and people look at me like if I'm suffering so much why hurt myself but fortunately I'm good enough to prevent myself from hurting myself(haven't tripped or cut myself very badly in decades. Just let 13 bees sting me) too bad and I'm already in pain so it works out.

So anyway I read on the 'latest health discovery' 99.9 or some huge % of our energy could come from light so I want to jog under the sun while sweating and jogging will vibrate my lymphs. But I won't get so much sun exposure with the standard sauna suit will I? Maybe here is a transparent one I could wear a thong underneath lol sorry bad imaginatio. I also like to think pushing out all this sweat will further speed up detox. As far as I can tell from hair mineral test I'm arsenic toxic and someone said mercury also but I didn't understand the lack lack of a result on that exactly. Does sweat contain a significant amount of toxins worth this new 'therapy' I'm about to include? Does the exercise provide extra benefits beyond just sitting and sweating as far as moving energy and waste through the body? I imagine so. Have so far found lots of conflicting info on sweating exercise and detoxing. I'm thinking freeze the water bag and two separate 12oz bottles(vest has pockets), jog about 20-30 here under SWFL sun to sweat like mad whilst rehydrating with ice cold water til done. I usually jog a slow hour barefoot but feet and knees barely take it. This will be easier on feet and knees and tougher on detoxing mechanisms. And prime my body for jujitsu/wrestling at night when usually it takes a good 20 minutes just to break in my prematurely creaky joints. This sounds rough and it is but I don't wanna stop as I know how my mind/body loves to just crash. I'd rather be high in pain than low in pain.

Last edited:

Moof

I have no idea, but...if sweating 'detoxes' you in some way, I'd be one of the least toxic people on the planet. My body decided it really enjoyed this symptom of the menopause, and 14 years on, I'm still drenched half a hundred times a day! :rofl:

I don't personally believe most of the stuff written about so-called 'toxins', I see it as meaningless marketing copy. But it sounds as if you're overdoing it on the activity side, and that's maybe the reason behind the pain? I'd say forcing yourself to sweat and not replacing the lost electrolytes (spring water alone won't work) will probably just make you feel worse, especially if you're heat intolerant like many of us. It all sounds like some kind of awful punishment, which I'm sure you don't deserve!

I have no idea, but...if sweating 'detoxes' you in some way, I'd be one of the least toxic people on the planet. My body decided it really enjoyed this symptom of the menopause, and 14 years on, I'm still drenched half a hundred times a day! :rofl:

I don't personally believe most of the stuff written about so-called 'toxins', I see it as meaningless marketing copy. But it sounds as if you're overdoing it on the activity side, and that's maybe the reason behind the pain? I'd say forcing yourself to sweat and not replacing the lost electrolytes (spring water alone won't work) will probably just make you feel worse, especially if you're heat intolerant like many of us. It all sounds like some kind of awful punishment, which I'm sure you don't deserve!

Thanks. Yeah I mentioned somewhere up in that essay I'm always in pain but this way I'm at least 'earning' it. I barely recover and breakdown easy but overall it gives my mind and body something to work on. Otherwise I just sit around and get more tired.

Moof

Thanks. Yeah I mentioned somewhere up in that essay I'm always in pain but this way I'm at least 'earning' it. I barely recover and breakdown easy but overall it gives my mind and body something to work on. Otherwise I just sit around and get more tired.

I understand your logic, and I also feel more tired if I do too little. But after nearly 43 years of living with this flipping beast I've learned that I need to be kind to myself, and that I should never set targets or stick rigidly to plans.

It's great to be proactive in trying to get better, but be mindful that it's very easy to tie yourself in to a routine that not only makes you feel worse but also puts you at risk of a serious relapse. That was my biggest worry in reading your post – I've done it twice myself, because I wasn't diagnosed with ME and therefore didn't know the dangers. I now realise that I was incredibly lucky to escape pushing myself into permanent, severe relapse.

I understand your logic, and I also feel more tired if I do too little. But after nearly 43 years of living with this flipping beast I've learned that I need to be kind to myself, and that I should never set targets or stick rigidly to plans.

It's great to be proactive in trying to get better, but be mindful that it's very easy to tie yourself in to a routine that not only makes you feel worse but also puts you at risk of a serious relapse. That was my biggest worry in reading your post – I've done it twice myself, because I wasn't diagnosed with ME and therefore didn't know the dangers. I now realise that I was incredibly lucky to escape pushing myself into permanent, severe relapse.

Thanks. I hear ya. I can just do what I can do at this point. There are other emotional/spiritual factors I've left out, things that really dictate what I do day to day supercede most logic really. Im 42 now and at this point I see my life as an inescapable storm I must learn to thrive inside. And I can't say I hate it as to do so would be be self destructive. Weird. I'm merging with the dark aspects for survival. Sounds like some kind of comic book story. I can only hope that the balance between the emotions and logic result a good remainder of my life for me. I still wake up every day a sort of mental anguish and have to shake my head free a bit before I go back at it again(day in day out) but I feel better, mostly physically, than a few months ago. Good to hear you're in control of yours. Yeah, it is a beast. I AM(we are) the beast. I believe perspective is huge and that it got me here somehow. I believe the mirror holds the answers. Speaking of which just woke up and forgot my dreams before I could jot them down. I don't know when it started. I'm guessing at conception and before really. Most tie it to a particular incident but I wonder if it's just easy for the mind to identify with a glaring marker but that like me it's part of the journey from day one. Idk. But yeah, it's a beast. I think too that's its bigger than us individually. For a while I thought it was just me til the internet showed me who else is out there and we're just the ones crying about it. I think the the species as a system is crying and we're that sore neck/lower back/head ache/pick your pain that's making noise. Maybe consider it a blessing to be alive and have nerves to feel but now we must find meaning from it, individually, socially, globally .. I'm a total conspiracy theory(truth) nut btw lol, anyway.... Take care.

So no one's ever tried exercising in a sauna suit for the specific purposes of detoxing? Everything I find on sauna suits is dealing with weight loss which I could care less about. To me it seems like it would be cleansing. Idk.