• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Book recommendations

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Hey friends,

I'm searching for good books on
- Vitamins and minerals
- methylation

I don't want to buy 600 pages thick medical formation literature. A comprehensive guide that is an easy read would serve me well atm.

Maybe there are good resources out there? Can also be good YT channels and the like but I'm a fan of paper.

Thank you in advance!

seamyb

I'm sorry I've no recommendations (apart from a big diagram which is my go-to for methylation), but I wanted to ask is this your first time looking into methylation? Is it with respect to the mold avenue you were looking to go down?

The diagram is intimidating at first sight, but can be very useful to have a lot of the information just glaring at you when you're reading around the topic. It isn't complete, either. Some parts are simplified and bits and bobs are missing, but it's generally quite good.

Attachments

• methylation-health.jpg
    methylation-health.jpg
    989.3 KB · Views: 31

andyguitar

I'm searching for good books on
- Vitamins and minerals
I like " Thorsons Complete Guide to Vitamins and Minerals" It's a bit like a dictionary for Vits, Minerals and types of food. Tells you what different nutrients do and what foods contain high/low levels of them. Written by Leonard Mervyn, a clinical biochemist and Fellow of the Royal Society. About 400 pages, easy to read, costs about £10.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I like " Thorsons Complete Guide to Vitamins and Minerals" It's a bit like a dictionary for Vits, Minerals and types of food. Tells you what different nutrients do and what foods contain high/low levels of them. Written by Leonard Mervyn, a clinical biochemist and Fellow of the Royal Society. About 400 pages, easy to read, costs about £10.
Cool thx

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I'm sorry I've no recommendations (apart from a big diagram which is my go-to for methylation), but I wanted to ask is this your first time looking into methylation? Is it with respect to the mold avenue you were looking to go down?

The diagram is intimidating at first sight, but can be very useful to have a lot of the information just glaring at you when you're reading around the topic. It isn't complete, either. Some parts are simplified and bits and bobs are missing, but it's generally quite good.
Thx! No its not for me alone ✌️🏼But you never learn out!