• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Body Politic Twitter IACFS/ME Conference

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Has anyone else plowed through those tweets? It's kind of like watching instant replay at a sporting event. They're like the new spectators who are excited by the action on the field. I'm like..'um, okay any new treatments?' It is always good to see someone paying attention to John Chia. That cheered me up.
https://twitter.com/itsbodypolitic
We watched most of it and it was just a waste of time, energy and money... The only thing that was new to me was oxaloacetate and serum heparin as a diagnostic test for MCAD. Chia was very disappointing. And the worst were the patient's talks. It showed me that we have not made any step forward since years...

Marylib

That's pretty much what I picked up on too.

I met John Chia and his wife at one of the previous conferences and they were such lovely people. He was literally standing there saying "I can't get any funding to study enterovirus. No one cares!" After I walked over there to say hello, they said "Thank you for coming to speak with us. How kind of you."

Martin aka paused||M.E.

That's pretty much what I picked up on too.

I met John Chia and his wife at one of the previous conferences and they were such lovely people. He was literally standing there saying "I can't get any funding to study enterovirus. No one cares!" After I walked over there to say hello, they said "Thank you for coming to speak with us. How kind of you."
Yes I really think that's a field worth investigating

Marylib

I guess you read that history of enterovirus from one of Maureen Hanson's grad students? If you felt up to reading of course. I've kind of been reading about it for a long time, in bits and pieces. I think it must be elsewhere on the forum, but happy to supply a link if you like @Martin aka paused||M.E.

dylemmaz

We watched most of it and it was just a waste of time, energy and money... The only thing that was new to me was oxaloacetate and serum heparin as a diagnostic test for MCAD. Chia was very disappointing. And the worst were the patient's talks. It showed me that we have not made any step forward since years...
sounds overall depressing and sad

we must not forget though, ron davis the man himself wasn’t there. he certainly has a few tricks up his sleeve. all hope must not be forgotten. i for one am still very hopeful in his metabolic processes experiment that is ongoing. they are learning a lot from whitney’s bad reaction to the medication they tried on him

Martin aka paused||M.E.

we must not forget though, ron davis the man himself wasn’t there. he certainly has a few tricks up his sleeve. all hope must not be forgotten. i for one am still very hopeful in his metabolic processes experiment that is ongoing. they are learning a lot from whitney’s bad reaction to the medication they tried on him
+1

Reading_Steiner

I haven't seen that yet, its one a one week delay until we can see the video isn't it ? so it wasn't very good this year ? thats a shame but not wholly unexpected.

perrier

Of course, Dr Davis' drive and dedication is unparalleled, bttut he needs cash, and he needs support and there need to be hundreds like him dedicated to eradicating this scourge which is destroying young people--look at the mobilisation during AIDS.

Marylib

Maybe not important to you. But history has told - and will tell - a different tale.

Marylib

No worries, Martin. You have to understand that I am an old lady who has seen too much and expects very little. Les Simpson reported the red blood cell deformability before you were born, most likely. At a certain point people like me just disappear and no matter how hard we try, we can't help.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

No worries, Martin. You have to understand that I am an old lady who has seen too much and expects very little. Les Simpson reported the red blood cell deformability before you were born, most likely. At a certain point people like me just disappear and no matter how hard we try, we can't help.
Now I really don't get your point?! Let us leave it at that.