• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blood type poll

What blood type are you?

• A-

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • A+

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • B-

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • B+

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • AB-

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • AB+

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • O-

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • O+

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Unless my brain is really playing up at the moment, there appears to be no way for me to register my vote in this poll. I've done others OK. I can't find anything to click on.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I'd only ever been typed (by myself) in high school bio class. It was AB, but I don't remember whether + or - so I entered both.

It's a shame there aren't more responses to these polls.

valentinelynx

Weird. Where are all the B+'s coming from? O+ and A+ are by far the most prevalent in the US and other countries populated primarily by Northern Europeans. In the US it's 37% O+, 36% A+ and 8.5% B+ (Wikipedia) Only place with nearly as many B+s as O+ and A+ is India. Did one whole family fill out the poll, one with B+ blood type? Or, are you onto something? Or it's just not enough people yet.

Valentijn

Weird. Where are all the B+'s coming from? O+ and A+ are by far the most prevalent in the US and other countries populated primarily by Northern Europeans. In the US it's 37% O+, 36% A+ and 8.5% B+ (Wikipedia) Only place with nearly as many B+s as O+ and A+ is India. Did one whole family fill out the poll, one with B+ blood type? Or, are you onto something? Or it's just not enough people yet.
There's also a very high percentage of negative Rh factor in the results of this poll. Worldwide average is about 10% of the population is Rh negative, with no higher than 20% in any country, but this poll has about 35% as Rh negative.

Very very small sample size so far :p

valentinelynx

There's also a very high percentage of negative Rh factor in the results of this poll. Worldwide average is about 10% of the population is Rh negative, with no higher than 20% in any country, but this poll has about 35% as Rh negative.

Very very small sample size so far :p

Well, since Sherlock put down both AB+ and AB- (out of now knowing which applied) that skews this terribly small sample a bit. But you're right: there are way too many O-'s and A-'s also. Too bad we ME/CFS'ers shouldn't donate blood! ;)

Allyson

yes i think o pos is the most common blood group val but those numbers are WAY too small to be of any significance