Blood glucose and PH strips. How can they help?

I'm a newbie in biology/nutritional science but from all I've gleaned over various info blood sugar and PH balance are important health parameters right? Before I even begin to interpret it and how I wanna deal with it, would it be a good idea to start monitoring these things periodically?

pamojja

With a blood glucose meter one can prevent becoming pre-diabetic, hypoglycemic, or proceed from prediabetes to full T2D. That's done by measuring fasting and post-prandial (after a meal blood-glucose spikes the most, in my case after 1 hour) and adjust meals and other lifestyle-factors.

Everyone is different. But for me measuring blood-glucose regularly prevented going diabetic by adapting to a low carb, high fat diet. Diabetic complications are not to be neglected, it's a main driver for CVD. Which most are dying from.

pamojja

Officially with a fasting above 100 mg/dl and above 140 mg/dl postprandial one is considered prediabetic. Hypoglycemic below 70. Inofficially according to science higher blood-suger damaging the system and accelerating aging starts already at 90 mg/dl fasted. Some, as Dr. Davis Williams who proposes lifestyle-changes for reversing calcification, advises that even postprandial values ideally shouldn't rise at all, for this reason. Which I found verydifficult if not impossible to accomplish in my case. However, wherever you might find yourself by testing - perfectly fine, prediabetic or fully - just trying to move the numbers in the right direction without getting it perfect brought very remarkable improvement to my health.