• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Biomedical ME Conference in Stryn, Norway 12-13 April

mango

There's a ME conference taking place in Stryn, Norway, 12-13 April.

The theme is "Mysteriet, mytene & status i forskninga." (The mystery, the myths and the state of research..?)

Some very interesting speakers, for example Öystein Fluge, Jörgen Jelstad, Katarina Lien, Ingrid Gurvin Rekeland och Ola Didrik Saugstad.

Today, Tuesday, was for medical and healthcare professionals.

According to the program Fluge was talking about: "ME - an autoimmune disease?", "The background to the current studies", "Summary of results from earlier studies and other research that points in the direction of autoimmunity", "Mechanisms they believe might be involved in the disease profile", "Projects that are based on the biobank in Haukeland", "The hunt for a biomarker".

Rekeland's topics were: "The multi-center clinical study RituxME", "B-cell depletion" and "Randomization and placebo controls". (According to ME-foreningen's Facebook page update she also spoke on the CycloME trial.)

Katarina Lien: "Ergospirometry: What happens to ME patients during physical activity", "Recovery time", "Lactate levels in the muscles", "Could ergospirometry be an objective way of testing if a person has ME or not?".

Saugstad: "New light on ME -- a summary of some of the most recent biomedical research discoveries."

Tomorrow, Wednesday, will be a day of "health politics", and also directed towards NAV (The Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration). Anyone is welcome to attend.

Among the speakers are Saugstad, Jelstad, Fluge, Rekeland and Lien. There will also be a bit about children and young people with ME, about severe ME, and about ME and NAV.

(Big apologies if my translation is rubbish!)

More info (in Norwegian) here:
http://www.mekonferansestryn.no/

I'd be very very interested to know what they all shared during their talks, and if there are any exciting news :)

Tuha

Do you think there will be some informations which we dont know about? Like some news about Fluge and Mella research.
i would be interested in if they have something new to say about lactate levels in muscles

sarah darwins

Does anybody know anybody who attended this ?

Looks like:

Wednesday, 13/04/16:

• Professor of Pediatrics, Oslo University, Ola Didrik Saugsta

• Research Journalist and author of the book "The secluded," Jorgen Jelstad

• Consultant Cancer Department Haukeland University Hospital,

Øystein Fluge

• Doctors at the Cancer Department Haukeland University Hospital,

Ingrid Gurvin shrimp Country

• Physician and researcher at Oslo University, Katarina Lien

• ME-union v / Mette Schøyen: Speciality children and adolescents with ME

• Adviser and contact person for those sick presumptuous ME patients from 2002-2015

• ME-union v / Trude Schei: NAV investigation, ME and NAV

blame dodgy translations on Google!

mango

For those wondering, unfortunately none of the new info that was presented (about Fluge & Mella's RituxME and CycloME, and Lien's 2-day exercise testing study etc) was included in the summary that I linked above.

Same reason as usual: it's because those studies haven't been published yet...

It says that Lien's study will be published in a few months -- can't wait! :)

BurnA

For those wondering, unfortunately none of the new info that was presented (about Fluge & Mella's RituxME and CycloME, and Lien's 2-day exercise testing study etc) was included in the summary that I linked above.

Same reason as usual: it's because those studies haven't been published yet...

It says that Lien's study will be published in a few months -- can't wait! :)
Do you know anyone who attended or did you hear that anything interesting was presented regarding updates ?

mango

Do you know anyone who attended or did you hear that anything interesting was presented regarding updates ?

No I don't, and no I haven't heard anything. Sorry.

(I'm not Norwegian and I'm not active in the Norwegian discussion groups.)