• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Biomed Central on CDC XMRV study

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Comments on the Switzer CDC study are on the front page of Biomed Central's site (as I'm writing - it's a constantly updated stream of comments so who knows what will be up there when you look!).

I take it that Biomed Central publishes the online journal Retrovirology, among other things. This looks like a good spot for concise, well informed criticism of the CDC study; particularly on their apparent failure to detect XMRV in the samples provided by WPI.

It's high profile so if you are foggy and upset and want to rant, please don't do it there! :Retro wink: It's a good place for those with a research background to tell it like it is to other scientists.