• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bio Cranial Therapy

Wayne

This discussion about tethered cord reminded me of a post I made on another forum back in 2008. I'll just go ahead and paste it here, as it seems to relate to this discussion: -- P.S. If there's a preference for this not being posted on this thread, please let me know, and I can move it to one of the other CCI/AAI threads.

Apr 1, 2008

Hi All,

I just started researching Bio Cranial therapy in the past couple of days and am getting a similar feeling about it that I first got with Atlas Profilax (from which I eventually experienced remarkable results). The similarities between these two modalities are that they both address structural issues (in different ways) in the cranial/upper cervical area. The following is the first paragraph of a story about a woman's amazing results with this therapy, written by her husband Mark Ridder.

"My wife has suffered with debilitating Fibromyalgia for 9 LONG YEARS of chronic pain with virtually no relief. Thanks to God’s good grace, she has recently found miraculous relief from debilitating and disabling pain. This link, After 9 Long Years – Wife is Cured of Fibromyalgia Pain (A Husband’s Story) will take you directly to this couple’s remarkable story.

In this story, Mark Kidder describes their excruciating ordeal with doctors and therapies of all sorts over a 9-year period.. A therapy called Bio Cranial therapy finally gave her relief from her pain. She is now apparently back to full health. What’s remarkable is that this therapy only takes a few minutes to perform.

I researched Dr. Stuart Marmorstein's (D.C.) website (this woman's Bio Cranial practitioner) the past couple of days and have been impressed with this man and his approach to wellness. His focus on addressing structural imbalances in the Atlas and cranial areas is very much in line with my own success with Atlas Profilax.

But Bio Cranial therapy addresses imbalances differently by affecting the very tough sheath surrounding the brain and spinal cord called the dura mater. This dura mater can become constricted and cause all kinds of pains. Because of its proximity to the pituitary gland, it can also adversely affect our endocrine system. Dr. Marmostein claims to have completely cleared up his own long standing hypothyroidism from having this therapy done.

Dr. Marmorstein wrote, and postedon his website, a 15-page article entitled “How to Get Better...Really Better...with the Head to Foot Approach”. If you choose not to read the whole article, you may want to consider at least going to page 10 where he discusses the nature and importance of the Dura Mater.

I've long had an interest in the "structural" aspect of ME/CFS and FM. I think for many to most of us structural problems are a contributing factor, for others, it is a big factor, and for some of us, it can be a huge factor. I feel I belong in the latter category, based on my own experience with Atlas Profilax, and various kinds of cranial therapy.

There's much more to this, but I would encourage anybody who has had an interest in Atlas Profilax or other types of gentle upper cervical chiropractic methods, to do some research on this modality. I expect to follow up on this further, and will post more as I learn more.

Best Regards, Wayne

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I researched Dr. Stuart Marmorstein's (D.C.) website (this woman's Bio Cranial practitioner) the past couple of days and have been impressed with this man and his approach to wellness. His focus on addressing structural imbalances in the Atlas and cranial areas is very much in line with my own success with Atlas Profilax.
Dr. Marmorstein was my chiropractor for many years—then we both moved to different locations. Very interesting that he is now doing this type of therapy. He was the only practitioner of any sort who ALWAYS was able to get me out of pain. I will read about his current Bio Cranial work. Thanks Wayne.

Wayne

I will read about his current Bio Cranial work.

Thanks @Sushi for sharing your experiences with Dr. Dr. Marmorstein. I seriously considered making a special trip all the way to Houston back in 2008 (from Oregon), as I was so impressed with his approach and some of his remarkable successes. For those who didn't click on his website link, the following notice (indented below) on the first page of his site prominently mentions some new techniques he's using.

So it appears he's expanded his already successful BioCranial therapy approach with several others. If I reach the point where I get the necessary CCI/AAI imaging, and am given a positive diagnosis (I would be surprised if I wasn't positive for CCI), I would mostly likely visit Dr. Mammorstein first before considering surgery. I may just call his office to inquire as to whether he's ever treated anybody with CCI/AAI, and whether he was successful.

Please note: Dr. Stuart Marmorstein has been updating and enhancing his diagnostic and therapeutic approaches over the last few years. He is now including four major new methods in his practice. These approaches, which can speed your relief, recovery and stabilization, include:​
1) Cranial Restoration System
2) Pain Neutralization Techniques
3) Injury Recall Technique
4) BioSequencing
You can read the short version here.
Currently, there aren't any other practitioners anywhere who use the same safe and effective combination of procedures that Dr. Marmorstein uses in his practice, and patients routinely travel to Houston from all over the world to work with him, specifically.
If you do not believe this is possible for you, please visit this page..​

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I seriously considered making a special trip all the way to Houston back in 2008 (from Oregon), as I was so impressed with his approach and some of his remarkable successes.
I am seriously considering going to see him in Houston now. I spoke to him on the phone the other day and discussed CCI, ME/CFS etc. and was quite impressed. I have not made a decision yet, but I am certainly considering it.