• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bhupesh Prusty - latest research study

Martin aka paused||M.E.

but Yes still its discouraging. I'm going to be even older in 7 days.

It seems this is our lives for now, and this is what we must cope with and deal with.

Coming here, we can discuss our ideas and our hopes. There is ALOT going on so something could break thru this impasse- at any moment.
Good to know that some others like Davis or Hanson don’t want to schedule 3-5 years

Martin aka paused||M.E.

He's going on about how difficult it is to research ME. But he's saying it as if we have no idea how awful this disease is, as if it's worse researching it than it is having it.

Which I paraphrased in the sentence that should be finished early.
Folks,

he might have been very frustrated in that moment. He knows for sure how much we suffer. And as he has achieved a lot, he wants to push it. Then came a question in maybe the wrong moment and he exploded. Researchers are humans too.
Would be better if we found a way to help him.

perrier

Folks,

he might have been very frustrated in that moment. He knows for sure how much we suffer. And as he has achieved a lot, he wants to push it. Then came a question in maybe the wrong moment and he exploded. Researchers are humans too.
Would be better if we found a way to help him.
This is very true Martin. But the bottom line is cash. And we don't know what pressures he is and was under also. And he is a young man and has very strong career ambitions, and who knows what he is running into and where he wants to make his mark. We don't have all the facts unfortunately.

Hopeful1976

He showed us pictures of the 'something' he had isolated in our blood that were affecting our mitochondria. That is huge dont you think?! A very clear thing that he also said he knew what it was,but was very coy about telling us. I've been waiting and waiting for an update, so I asked him, and got that essay back off him. I for one am hugely sad by it. Why has no more been done on it? Why? It seems such an obvious and hopeful discovery to look Into. I'm actually baffled that no one is talking about it more!

Hopeful1976

Remember this?...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210614-151020_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210614-151020_Chrome.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 49

Martin aka paused||M.E.

He showed us pictures of the 'something' he had isolated in our blood that were affecting our mitochondria. That is huge dont you think?! A very clear thing that he also said he knew what it was,but was very coy about telling us. I've been waiting and waiting for an update, so I asked him, and got that essay back off him. I for one am hugely sad by it. Why has no more been done on it? Why? It seems such an obvious and hopeful discovery to look Into. I'm actually baffled that no one is talking about it more!
Understandable. I want to have fast answers too. Bedridden since 2018. And his research is not so much of my interest (ciHHV6 negative, HHV-6B weak positive, no 6A...). But it's sad.

perrier

Dear Hopeful, I am with you on this. What has happened to these findings?

I could be wrong, but didn’t he say that the C1q Antibodies are a possible factor in the blood?

Edit: Prusty presentation

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

He showed us pictures of the 'something' he had isolated in our blood that were affecting our mitochondria. That is huge dont you think?!

Just to make sure we speculate this one fully- Something In the Blood remains a topic under investigation at Stanford and Dr. Prusty does confer with that group.

Ron Davis surely knows what Prusty found out so far. And so lets figure- something will still come of all this.

Boba

I was not rude to him, and apologised for upsetting him and wished him care, although I only asked a very simple question in the first place. He did not respond to me.
Didn’t mean to say you were rude. Man had a bad day maybe. Let’s cheer him up.

Rufous McKinney

thought I'd say that it looks like Dr. Prusty has been busy.

He has a paper coming out in a major journal next month and will be attending and presenting at an RNA conference in Colorado in June.

I wish we could get an update from him, but maybe soon, with a paper coming out.

Rufous McKinney

Has anyone heard anything recently about or from Dr. Prusty?

There was a big conference in June....any word on that?

I can't seem to locate him in twitter where I normally can find him.....its July 2022.