• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bhupesh Prusty - latest research study

Reading_Steiner

That's cool, Prusty appeared last year for me, I think, hes quickly gone up to my favourite except for Dr Davis of course, I can't even remember the names of many of the other researchers. There's one that comes to mind as good which is the one in europe thats measuring peoples blood performance when they exercise, david systrom or something, he is cool. One thing that might be bad about this though is Prusty seems to always be sworn to secrecy over half the stuff he is doing, which is in contrast to Joshuas approach. Something that strikes me here is how much money is being given to this experiment just to investigate one angle, I mean, how did he convince people that herpes had anything to do with coronavirus ?

JES

I wonder what he hypothesizes is the cause of long covid. Prusty's research was primarily focused on herpesviruses, so I'm curious if he thinks they are also involved in long covid. I find the simplest and most likely explanation that SARS-CoV-2 itself is causing and maintaining long covid, so it's a bit unclear to me what he will be looking for in these new projects.

Rufous McKinney

I mean, how did he convince people that herpes had anything to do with coronavirus ?

Dr. Prusty has indicated a variety of viruses seem capable of doing things like parking in tissues and causing mito fragmentation. He works on HHV-6 but says in comments he has made- that other viruses are similar.

david systrom or something, he is cool.

Harvard- I think, and that group are also doing alot of good work and should be making some headway.

Some funding Prusty used previously came THRU the HHV-6 foundation (that led the Go Fund Me).

Rufous McKinney

Absolutely. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Its ok...there seem to just be lots and lots of new threads being generated- I wonder how many COVID vacccine threads now exist?

Its hard for moderators I suspect to keep up- alot of NEW folks here lately as well, I seem to be noticing.

New recruits, more word out- mixed news I suppose.

Rufous McKinney

One thing that might be bad about this though is Prusty seems to always be sworn to secrecy over half the stuff he is doing, which is in contrast to Joshuas approach.

This is likely part of the basic issue discussed by Janet Dafoe on other threads around here. Your given grants, leading to studies that include results that are hopefully publishable. And if you discuss it all prematurely, before publication, it can be harder to get your paper published: plus pretty much until its done, its not done.

Until you've crunched your numbers and done the statistics and analysis- its all preliminary.

joshua.leisk

Joshua Leisk (Researcher)
That's cool, Prusty appeared last year for me, I think, hes quickly gone up to my favourite except for Dr Davis of course, I can't even remember the names of many of the other researchers. There's one that comes to mind as good which is the one in europe thats measuring peoples blood performance when they exercise, david systrom or something, he is cool. One thing that might be bad about this though is Prusty seems to always be sworn to secrecy over half the stuff he is doing, which is in contrast to Joshuas approach. Something that strikes me here is how much money is being given to this experiment just to investigate one angle, I mean, how did he convince people that herpes had anything to do with coronavirus ?
This is a pretty good lead-in - https://www.thelancet.com/journals/ebiom/article/PIIS2352-3964(21)00134-1/fulltext

We’re seeing HERV-W in EBV and SARS-CoV-2. My feelings are that the new infection is reactivating underlying HHV1-8. I’m just starting to help some people with long covid now, so it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Diwi9

Administrator

joshua.leisk

Joshua Leisk (Researcher)
What do you mean when you say you are helping people? This language concerns me. What are your credentials?
I’m monitoring people who have reached out to me via email, or the website and are self-experimenting with the dietary supplements we’ve been discussing as part of the papers released this year.

“Helping them”, in this context, is making sure they’re using the correct versions of supplements detailed in the papers. They’re under the medical supervision of their physician.

Hopeful1976

So Bhupesh replied to my message enquiring why the something in the blood he told us about has not been mentioned again. He sent back really despondent messages. He wrote how it was impossible for him. That he gets no funding. That he can only do 3 hours a week on m.e research. He came across as totally fed up with me, for asking. And also extremely unhopeful. It's made me feel so sad.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

So Bhupesh replied to my message enquiring why the something in the blood he told us about has not been mentioned again. He sent back really despondent messages. He wrote how it was impossible for him. That he gets no funding. That he can only do 3 hours a week on m.e research. He came across as totally fed up with me, for asking. And also extremely unhopeful. It's made me feel so sad.
Oh no, he is one of the brightest stars at the sky of ME research. Unfortunately he decided not to accept money from patients anymore.
another hope lies on his death bed

Boba

I think he‘s into long covid right now with his new study. This will help ME!!