• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BEST of 2009 Poll: Groups

Groups That Made A Difference (2009): VOTE FOR YOUR TOP FIVE

• CFIDS Association - For their fight against the CDC, their research & research network

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • CFSAC - For their vigorous call for change at the CDC

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • IACFS/ME - For making their prescence felt and their vigorous call for change at the CDC

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • ME/CFS Community Center - For providing a home for ME/CFS patients

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • ME Association - For providing needed support and information to UK patients

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • MERUK - For scintillating research, advocacy and being such a good research source

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • PANDORA - for being in the forefront of patient action for ME/CFS

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Phoenix Rising Forums/Website - for providing a place for communication and information

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • ME/CFS Australia - For being a great information source Down Under

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whittemore Peterson Institute - for the most exciting research finding in 25 years

Votes: 32 94.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Please vote for the groups that you felt really made a difference this year. There are lots of groups but only 10 options for the Poll - so I, off the top of my head, picked the biggies I could think of. Please vote for your TOP FIVE.

I'll post the results on my blog and website and, of course, they'll be here. You have until Jan 12th to cast your vote.

Dolphin

Not the most important thing in the world but is there any way a vote can be deleted. I misread this and just voted for one. Would love to vote for five. Not the most important thing of course.