• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Berlin Clinics

godlovesatrier

Does anyone know any clinics in Berlin that accept patients from the UK? With the whole brexit border issue around getting bloods to berlin on time for tests, I figure I might as well go there for a few days, see someone and get the bloods taken. But I have no idea where to start in terms of clinics.

I know what tests I want I just need to find a clinic that will send them off to IMD labs and who I can pay a consultation fee too.

Cipher

Administrator
Does anyone know any clinics in Berlin that accept patients from the UK? With the whole brexit border issue around getting bloods to berlin on time for tests, I figure I might as well go there for a few days, see someone and get the bloods taken. But I have no idea where to start in terms of clinics.

I know what tests I want I just need to find a clinic that will send them off to IMD labs and who I can pay a consultation fee too.

I've sent serum samples to IMD Berlin via FedEx that arrived the next day (from Sweden). According to FedEx's website, a package sent from the UK should arrive in Berlin the next day before 12:00 using International Priority. Also, according to FedEx's Service News there shouldn't be any shipping delays between the UK and EU if one uses "International Priority". You can get a 40% discount on all shipments if you register a FedEx account. But double check if the discount is applied, because it wasn't for me at first, I had to call them to sort it out.

You'll need to find a local lab that's willing to draw the blood and process it (centrifuge it if it's a serum sample).

An overview of the shipping rules that exists for sending blood samples can be found here (wrong link previously, now fixed). I've sent packages labeled as "Exempt human specimen" successfully using FedEx.

Including a HS code in the customs declaration is preferable when sending packages internationally. You can find the destination country's specific HS codes using this tool.

If you want to travel to Germany I think you can go to IMD Berlin directly and let them take the blood sample there. But you'll need to make an appointment via phone beforehand according to their website.

Last edited:

godlovesatrier

Reading there website it seems like you can get it drawn normally just not currently due to covid. I'm seriously thinking it's less hassle to fly there for the day and get the blood drawn on site. Assuming I have the energy and still think I need to in 6 months.

Cipher

Administrator
Reading there website it seems like you can get it drawn normally just not currently due to covid.

But you can book an appointment?

Blood samples can be taken from persons who are not acutely ill by telephone appointment.

It is absolutely necessary to make an appointment.

For this purpose, please call the colleagues of the Service / Reception at 030 77001322.

You will NOT be admitted without a confirmed appointment. Unfortunately, due to the structural conditions and distance and hygiene regulations, this cannot be handled any other way at present.

Thank you for your understanding
Your IMD Laboratory

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)