• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Berberine - anyone else taken? Does it make you light-headed?

snowathlete

I'm taking Berberine, 200mg the last week, and when I take it, it makes me light headed. Anyone else?

Symptomatic

I've not taken it (but it's on my list of "maybe to try later" stuff), but am interesting in following along with how this works for you, and also hearing of the experiences of others.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I'm taking Berberine, 200mg the last week, and when I take it, it makes me light headed. Anyone else?

I am taking it too, but don't feel light headed. I am dividing the dose--half capsule (100 mg) in the morning, and the other half in the evening. Maybe you could try it that way?

Sushi

stefanosstef

My capsules (Swanson) are 400mg, I should have searched it better.I've never had side effects from a supplement, it caused quite a big hypoglycemia, I had to lay down or else I would throw up.After 3-4 hours I woke up still in the same situation.I guess I should divide it in half.