• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BEG spray

Martin aka paused||M.E.

The BEG spray is usually made by them as its not a normal pharma med??
I've seen in the past that some pharmacies sell it. The thing is I would not recommend using it. MARCoNS are like MRSA multiresistant Staphylococci strains. If you give them ABx you give more oil to the fire. On the other side BEG sprays are known to cause unpleasant side effects like nose bleeding and overall sensitivity that lasts even after the treatment...

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I've seen in the past that some pharmacies sell it. The thing is I would not recommend using it. MARCoNS are like MRSA multiresistant Staphylococci strains. If you give them ABx you give more oil to the fire. On the other side BEG sprays are known to cause unpleasant side effects like nose bleeding and overall sensitivity that lasts even after the treatment...

So because you are worried about abx resistance you withhold treat for their infection?

Usually side effects like nose bleeds are because they are dosed too high. One can Always dilute it down by 50% with saline and still kill the bugs, but chat to your dr about that first. Id still consider an oral broad spectrum abx that can treat mrsa like bactrum, while using the spray

Martin aka paused||M.E.

So because you are worried about abx resistance you withhold treat for their infection?

Usually side effects like nose bleeds are because they are dosed too high. One can Always dilute it down by 50% with saline and still kill the bugs, but chat to your dr about that first. Id still consider an oral broad spectrum abx that can treat mrsa like bactrum, while using the spray
That's a really bad idea. A havard study showed what happens when you lower the dose of an antibiotic especially in the beginning of the treatment: they get resistant

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
That's a really bad idea. A havard study showed what happens when you lower the dose of an antibiotic especially in the beginning of the treatment: they get resistant

Not if it works. All depends on the strength of the abx. Why i mention to talk it over with their dr and in combo with a systemic abx like bactrim which is active against staph infections, using multiple abx greatly reduces the risk of resistants. Plus worth talking with compounding chemist as there may be another ingredient thats irritating the nose or something they can add to reduce sides.
If you look at bactrim it is a combo of 2 abx and the beg spray is also a combo of another 2 different abx, so chances of abx resistants is remote. Issue of reoccurring infections has more to do with cfsers low immune function.
Treating sinus issues can greatly increase a cfsers wellbeing. Not uncommon for someone with chronic sinus infection to be misdiagnosed as cfs also. So worth trying to treat it.

seamyb

Doctor's advice is good if you have cancer, not ME with possible pathology relating to fringe and incomplete science.

"Be reassured by the blood count I did which shows you're OK. No you don't need any treatments for OK. It is a mild case of OK"

I think I'll stick to working it all out myself.

But OP, you should watch this space because I'm currently trying antimicrobial essential oils (NOT aromatherapy). So far I've crashed from going too fast so I'm starting again now that I've recovered somewhat. There are several which inhibit biofilm also. Check hip's thread on the mold section about Brewer.

Also, I would recommend looking into glutathione and liver detoxification, because if you start disrupting chronic infections which cause such widespread symptoms, you're going to have a bad time if your detox isn't in good condition. Given you have a chronic infection it likely is not.