• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

bedridden - impressions for dental appliance at home?

Whit

I am now 99.99% bedridden and can't go to a dentist. I have serious sleep apnea that wakes me up in the night unable to breathe, and seriously disturbing my sleep. I am managing it with a dental mandibular appliance so i can at least breathe,, but they keep breaking or getting unusable and I need to get another one now, which requires a bite mold to be made. I cannot go to the dentist to do this, so I'm looking for a dental tech who can come to my home and make Just teeth impressions. Dr Inoye can make bite mold. Does anyone know how I can find someone, or have any ideas?
Thanks,
I hope you are well

(Wrttn by caregiver)

http://www.housecalldentists.com/ says San Fran (and NYC). Hope they can get it done for you.

The San Francisco Dental Society at (415) 928-7337 may be able to give you other dentist names.

Dr. Peter Kawamura, DDS used to do house calls according to one possibly unreliable source, but I am guessing he does not anymore. You could still ask. Maybe he knows someone who does them.

If none of those work, I can help you find more possible leads.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
You can find impression kits on ebay for people getting their own appliances made.

Also, since you don't need special tools to do the impression, maybe someone will come to your house.

Also, Google Mobile dentists.

Good luck

physicsstudent13

I tend to think a cpap is much better- a high pressure column of air splints your airway open so your muscles don't collapse and block your breathing. do these dental devices even work?