• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

bed/couch backrest pillow things

Tammie

not sure what you are really supposed to call them, but I am wondering if anyone can suggest a good choice of backrest for propping oneself up in bed and/or on the couch for reading, etc.....the only ones I have seen thus far really have no lumbar support

BEG

Hey Tammie,

They are called a bed wedge. I personally don't have one, but would like to. Try Overstock, Ebay, Amazon. Don't forget your Bing cashback.

BE G

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Here is one company to check out. They are expensive, but may give you some ideas.

I bought a similar (maybe same) product years ago and used it set up on the floor with a foam mat over it. I also put some extra foam wedges under it to raise the head up more (it got complicated!), but was the only way I could get comfortable for a year or so. If you click on the alternate view, it shows using it in bed. I'm not sure I would recommend it, though.

Relax the Back

WoolPippi

I put a sheeps' hide over mine. The wool is soothing and helps with keeping the skin circulated with blood.
Mine's a Gottland pels which are soft short silvery curls. Next to skin soft, suitable for babies.