• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Baylor BioEdOnline XMRV

A

Aftermath

Here is Fine for Now...

This section is fine for now. If stuff really starts rolling (I hope that it does), we can make another section.

Just a tip for you guys with regard to links to outside articles. If you want to put a hyperlink to some wording (it usually looks cleaner that pasting the url in the body of your post)...

Just highlight the words you want hyperlinked, click the icon above with the globe and paperclip and then paste the url in the window that appears.

e.g. Baylor Bio News: Virus Linked to CFS

Totally your call on this--I just think that it looks nicer and makes things easier to read.

Summer

http://www.bioedonline.org/news/news.cfm?art=5704

Cort,

Do we have a thread where we can add XMRV news items as they come out or as we discover them?

This Baylor piece was out several days ago but I don't know if caught it.

Thanks,
Peace,
Koan

Hi Koan, I started a Media Links thread (no discussion) and although I do not have this article, I have the one from Nature, which seems to be word for word the same as this one. :)

dannybex

Hi Koan, I started a Media Links thread (no discussion) and although I do not have this article, I have the one from Nature, which seems to be word for word the same as this one. :)

Thanks for posting those Summer, and thank you Koan for posting the one above. It seems the most accurate of all I've read so far. Even the NYTimes article failed to mention the fact that the larger percentage was because they tested for antibodies rather than active infections, an important distinction IMO.

Summer...I couldn't access the Nature article without subscribing...?

thanks,

d.