• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Battle of the NAD boosters poll (NMN, NAD+,NR)

Which NAD boosting supplement has worked best for you?

• Nicotinamide Mononucleotide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nicotinamide Riboside

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NAD+

• NAD3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Which NAD booster works the best? Nicinotinamide riboside (NR), Nicotinic mononucleotide (NMN) or NAD+? Patients report a 50% boost in baseline energy using NAD boosters with D-ribose. They work by increasing your energy production capacity for metabolism.

Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) vs. Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) - Which One is Better? (liftmode.com)

"NR elevates mouse hepatic NAD+ with distinct and superior pharmacokinetics to those of nicotinic acid and nicotinamide." Nicotinamide riboside is uniquely and orally bioavailable in mice and humans - PubMed (nih.gov)

Judging from this link NAD+ (NAD3) works the best. It says research shows it is 50% more effective.

Real NAD3 (trynad3.com)

Energy Support: NAD3 - NAD+ Booster (puritan.com)

As a disabled person on fixed income though cost is a major consideration. I'll stick to NR until NAD3 becomes available in bulk. Here's my NR bulk source.

99% NR Powder,Nicotinamide Ribose Chloride (NR CL),NAD+ Booster Supplement for Cellular Repair & Energy Metabolism,Non NMN| | - AliExpress

Last edited:

mitoMAN

I tried every precursos as well as high dosed NAD+ injections.
The only thing that worked for me (from 20-22hours bedbound to 14 hours for 2.5 months) was NADH injections. Then pooped out.

NR did nothing
NMN did nothing
NAM did nothing

all tested in up to very high dosages over several months.