• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bains Dérivatifs--Cold Water Therapy

Asklipia

This has helped me a lot so I post it for your benefit.
Bains Drivatifs, which I shall call B.D. for short, have been publicized in France, for the last 20 years I think, by Franoise Guillain. They are part of a whole therapy of which there are aspects I disagree totally with. These B.D. on their own were recommended by Louis Kuhne, a German naturopath, in the 19th century, included in a variety of water therapies. Some of them sitz baths.
B.D. is a particular type of sitz bath.

The procedure is identical for men and women.

Measure the inside of toilet bowl. Find yourself a plastic basin that will fit in.
Raise the plastic lids of the toilet.
Fill the basin with cold water + a handful of ice cubes (depending on weather and duration of BD - the water should stay cold) and fit it in the toilet.
Lower the first lid of the toilet and sit on it with legs parted wide.
You should be as warm as possible, well clothed except for the groin. Socks etc if needed.

For the required time you should leisurely rub (not hard!) a cloth on both sides of the pubis dipping it in the cold water between your legs at each turn.
From the perineum till the hip bone, then across the pubis to the other hip bone. Not on the genitals, this is true for men and women. On the sides, in the creases between the pubis and the thighs. Up or down as you wish. Eventually the tops of the thighs get a bit pink.

At no time are you sitting in the water. At no time is water aimed at the genitals, even if some may fall there. At no time should you rub the genitals, as this brings a sympathetic response that is contrary to the effect you want.

The aim is to create a difference in temperature between the sides of the pubic bone and the rest of the body. Friction is a plus too. If your skin is irritated, don't rub so hard, only use the water softly until it is comfortable. Cold + friction is best; cold with no friction works more slowly but still works.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

After a while you start feeling a kind of very light internal shiver. Not always felt but it happens nonetheless. This is a movement of the lymphatic system. If you are attentive you can feel it under your scalp, inside your lungs etc. After a couple of weeks it happens also in the day while you are living your life. This is because the tiny muscles that shake your lymphatic vessels have exercised and become stronger so they can act on other triggers.

When you have finished if you have time go under your warmest blanket with a hot water bottle on the liver or the middle of the chest for a while. This is optional.

No need for equipment or drugs. PLAIN cold water, do NOT add herbs etc.

The effects :

- This moves the lymphatic system into action extremely fast.
It powerfully helps to move the lymph to divert it to the bowels (hence the name "Bains Drivatifs"). You get rid of junk and can have several bowel movements a day.
It also brings more fresh lymph to parts difficult to reach (this is different for each individual) with the essential nutriments contained in the fats it carries.
Since the lymph distributes a lot of hormones, so this procedure speeds the delivery of hormones, and their reactions to one another. Very helpful. Also helps moving immunity around.

- It balances the parasympathetic and sympathetic systems and counteracts the many sympathetic stimuli we inflict on ourselves through stress etc which are an important part of our problem. You may hear the inside sound 'anhata naad' of yoga, the sound of very deep relaxation, happening very fast and easy. I believe that part of the good effects of B2 derive from the fact that it is food for the parasympathetic system. Balancing the two chemically is one thing, which many may find difficult. BD does it immediately for a short while, but as time goes on, your body relearns to do it several times a day on its own.

- It has powerful effects on the low abdomen area, refreshing and draining it. Bowels, reproductive and urinary systems.

- It has a powerful effect on the head area, which is directly connected. Whilst it is possible to affect the abdomen with massage and drugs, action on the inside of the head is not so easily achieved. You may experience tears and a cleaning of tear ducts, shiny eyes etc.

- It has effects everywhelse else where lymph can reach, starting generally with the core but eventually you find wrists and ankles freer etc.

- Apart from these lymphatic effects, there is a very powerful effect due to the lowering of temperature INSIDE. This is in a way the reverse of saunas and FIR saunas etc. I found that sweating is fine to get rid of some water soluble toxins, but heat induced sweating is not. Heat hurts my brain in some way. This is a way to detox WITHOUT heat. This internal refreshment (from circulation of colder lymph and blood) brings about a detoxification by ejecting lymph into the bowels AND a therapeutic effect at the same time. Since the parasympathetic mode is the healing mode, if there is irritation we cannot hope to heal. I suppose this cold therapy is related to the wearing of cold jackets, stays in very cold rooms etc, which all require money and time. This does NOT.

Since a very important effect of the BD is the stimulation of parasympathetic nerve impulses, if you just spread your cold water fretting because it takes too long, if you are stressed in any way, because you are cold, you are in an uncomfortable position etc..., you are missing half of the point. This is why it is not a good idea to read, listen to the news bulletin etc... while doing it. You should just concentrate on what you are doing and on the feelings experienced all over your body. ?When your parasympathetic effect is activated, you will feel very relaxed, sometimes you hear a humming sound in your ears, you start seeing slightly better, it is a pleasant experience. In fact, you could have gone on longer that prescribed. Because you have just given to your body a few minutes when stress has been deactivated. I found that by doing this regularly I can recall more easily during the day in other activities that slight internal tremor that signals the spread of the anti-stress response. Maybe this is also a retraining of the nervous system? Maybe BD can help you reverse the stress training we are subject to at work? I suspect so.

Timings : not more than 10 mn for the first 10 days. See what happens, then you can slowly increase to 25 mn per day is you weigh about 70 kg.
It works from the start. I improved my condition slowly but surely. Unfortunately, if you stop doing BD, the effects stop too. Maybe the more you have kept at it, the longer they last? When you take a break of more than 5 days, you should start again at 10 mns and increase slowly the timings.

When I was younger we did it with a sponge to kids to make their fever go down. Kids = 1 mn is enough if they are babies. 5 mns for toddlers.

DO NOT GO TOO FAST. It can be very tiring in the beginning, with lots of detox. Keep well hydrated and warm at all times. The worst scenario is it can brutally empty sinuses and increase blood flow to the eyes. This can happen later while you sleep. You may stress your eyes in your sleep and since they are suddenly more free in the orbits, you can give yourself a vitreous detachment. EASY DOES IT!!!!

BD should not be done for six months after surgery. Also, best done on an empty stomach of course.

Emergency BD are very useful for headaches, fever, pain.

Good luck!

Hi Asklipia,

thank you very much for describing this method! It sounds fascinating. I have a question: Do you know if women should do the bath during their cycles? I have read in a publication from Kuhn that one should interrupt. But you write not to interrupt for five days which is often the duration of a cycle...?

Maybe you know something about that point - thank you very much!

And another question: Did it help you with energy too? If so, how soon did you notice improvements?

Thank you again!

Blue

Asklipia

Hi Blue,
I don't know about interruption during cycles. It seems to me like the prohibition of going swimming at that time. All the time I was younger, I used to swim in the sea never mind my cycles! And I never had any problem of pain, of delays etc, when my friends seemed to suffer. Maybe the swimming and the carefree attitude did that? I did BD of a kind back then, never knew about stopping. I used to rinse my vagina (sorry for gory details!!!) when I was in the sea, bleeding or not. This seemed to reduce periods to three days while my friends had longer periods. But it did not do me any harm. Never did it with anything else but sea water though! I reached menopause at 55, which looks normal to me.
The only prohibition I have respected during my periods is the avoidance of reversed postures, where the head is lower than the body. I believe this is dangerous at a time when you get rid of the lining of the womb, and all the toxic metals trapped by estrogens that are leaving with the blood. Could go to the brain, who knows?

BD definitely helped with energy, very early (a few days at most), and also with brain fog. Many new ideas and hopes. The problem is that after a while, you take the effects for granted and you want to stop. Bad idea. Unless you could swim in the sea I suppose.

Best!
Asklipia

Hanna

Thank you so much Asklipia !

Your description is very precious. I have began today with 5 mn, and intend to follow the "full programme".
For those who are French speaking, there is a utube video with France Guillain, which deals with the bains derivatifs (but your full description, Asklipia, was more precise than on the TV. On the other hand, she gave also a "dry receipt", using a small bottle of freezed water, that you can sit on it).
In this video, she answers to your question, Blue. Yes you may continue the BD without problems during periods.

Again, thanks!

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
Thanks Asklipia,
brilliant post! I have a question. Do you know of any english websites where I could find out more? I ask because when I do a google search all I end up with are french sites (which kinda makes sense given its a french term).

Many thanks!
garcia.

Asklipia

All the best Hanna! I hope you get benefits from this.
I found the bottle thing not very satisfying, as well as the wearing of cold pads. But the bottle is very useful to prolong the effects of the real BD. Let's say you do your BD in the evening, then watch a film holding the bottle between your legs. Then it helps (you can do this for a couple of hours and it is relaxing as you do not have to scoop).
The bottle is also very good when the weather is hot and you sleep. Makes you fall asleep immediately, no need for AC.
Saves electricity in a way!

Hi Asklipia and Hanna,

thank you both so much, I will give it a try! And of course watch the video!

Best,
Blue

froufox

Thanks Asklipia for explaining in such detail how the Bains Drivatifs works. I have done hydrotherapy in the past, eg hot & cold showers and lymphatic work but have never heard of this before. Really glad that to hear that its helped you. I'm definitely going to try it too!

Hanna

All the best Hanna! I hope you get benefits from this.
I found the bottle thing not very satisfying, as well as the wearing of cold pads. But the bottle is very useful to prolong the effects of the real BD. Let's say you do your BD in the evening, then watch a film holding the bottle between your legs. Then it helps (you can do this for a couple of hours and it is relaxing as you do not have to scoop).
The bottle is also very good when the weather is hot and you sleep. Makes you fall asleep immediately, no need for AC.
Saves electricity in a way!

Good idea!
I love those "no-cost/maximum return on invest" techniques!
(and so far, another no-cost one is "grounding/earthing". It helps me so much)

Asklipia

Garcia,
English websites are all for making you buy stuff. Books that explain what I have just said, maybe not so well either, because they call it "Detox Bath" and to fluff it up encourage all kinds of extras which I believe are not OK, just to make you think you got something for your money.
I have posted this information before on other forums, not well received. Too tiring and too cheap I suppose.
Also the idea of "Detox Bath" is wrong in my view. You should not see this primarily as a way to detox, even though it does that. This is a way to balance the nervous system. After that, yes you get a detox effect because there is no healing without parasympathetic action.
Flogging that overtaxed body is not a good idea.
Loving that life companion is much better.
There is no inside enemy here, I don't think so.
Balance and relaxation. Which precludes desiring the exhilaration of the maniac moments. I found that the most difficult.

Asklipia

Froufox,
I had tried the hot and cold showers too. The effect is not the same.
Cold showers seem good for general blood circulation, changing the blood of the organs, then giving a good sweat, but I never had the same results that I had with the BD. Maybe because the cold brings a sympathetic response? Or because the muscles tense and impede the flow of the lymph?
Also I think I did myself no good taking long hot baths with magnesium sulphate when I was in very big pain. Now I realize the heat was not good. If I take magnesium it is in sea water when swimming or with a little spray I made myself of magnesium chloride solution.
Best wishes!
Asklipia

Hanna

The effect of cold baths - as Rika Zarai's - is also not the same. In fact in the utube video I posted before, they tell this technique even gives the opposite result.
I was taking also Epsom salts baths with results : headaches, weakness and dizziness!

froufox

Thanks Asklipia, I used to get *some* benefits from doing those showers, alongside skin brushing which does also get the lymph moving. Its really interesting to know that you got more benefits from BD, I'm looking forward to trying it!

Thanks again :Retro smile:

froufox

There are some posts about it on this forum aswell, with a post by "losing-it" half way down the page, who has translated a French article about how the baths work:

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=2972.75

Losing-it's post:

"Les Bains Drivatifs: The Antidote Bath

Technique

Principles to respect

*Cool the area of the pubis and the groin using cold water (but not freezing) for a length of time depending on the age and the weight (see below);
*Accompany the cooling procedure with a movement from the top the groin to the bottom, using a bath mit, [washcloth] or a soft bath sponge (standard natural sponge); (do not use the a shower or jetstream). Rub very delicately (the skin at these places is very thin and sensitive to irritations!).

*In order not to become chilled [or fatigued; italics, mine] during the operation:

-Do not bend or lean overly much to sponge up the cold water (you will be making this movement for at least 20 minutes and are likely to end up with a sore back!);

-Avoid plunging the hand or cloth into cold water, so that it does not overly cool the body.

-One often reads that the feet should not be in water. In fact I think that is especially important to indicate that the feet should not be in cold water. (Personally I put them in tepid water.)

-One should not leave an Antidote Bath exhausted. If this is the case, reduce the frequency and/or the duration of the bath.

-After the bath, warm and revive yourself to avoid becoming chilled.

-One can take an invigorating shower or lie down for a rest.

Practice the baths systematically (periodicly); i.e., not just once.

Method

With the above information, you can employ whichever method you like: with the hose at top of a bidet; seated on a chair or a stool with the top of a bucket or a basin; atop a bath tub; and I even read atop a toilet seat while using a plastic bidet, which may be purchased from certain catalogues by mail, and which one can take along on holiday) .

What brings me to share this method, from "my house to yours started with my gleaning of information from here and there, and as the result of multiple experiments. The following method has the merit of being comfortable and practical (not spiilling water everywhere and one even has the option of reading a book while bathing, instead of shivering):

* Place a board across the bath-tub; sit down atop the board.

* Heat the room a little, as not to be cold.

* Put on a tee-shirt or sufficient clothing so as to be positively hot: no shivering must occur! [shivering is alleged to cancel out the beneficial results]

* Fill the bottom of the bath tub with some tepid water (it should not be cold on the legs and the feet).

* In this water, place an upturned bowl, and fill it with cold water.

* Using a bath glove (or washcloth, folded in two so that it might better hold water), over the next 15 minutes, fill and refill the bowl with cold water, and delicately massage the groin with the cloth.

* You might wish to change the water after about 7 1/2 minutes, to ensure the water is cold.

* Do this each morning before the shower.

* One can, for lack of time, use instead, one freezer gel pouch (such as Yokool:

http://www.yokool.fr/catalog/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=eed0bc24472cbf6048a7a2e03e8a01f4 ).

The pouch must be refrigerated or frozen beforehand; one wraps it two thicknesses of paper paper towel or a linen, and wears it as a pad [in the crotch of the underwear; italics, mine] for approximately one hour.

Using a freezer gel pouch makes it possible to go about one's occupations. It is, nevertheless, best to practice the bath using the traditional guidelines 2 - 3 times per week for the best results.

Duration of the Antidote Bath

Newborn: 20 seconds
Baby: 1 minute
12-36 month: 2 minutes
3-6 years: 3-4 minutes
7-12 years 5 minutes
Adult: 10 minutes if the weight is under 70 kg (154 lbs); 15 minutes if weight is over 70Kg (154 lbs).

-Learn how to determine when your body judges when it has had enough.

-Do not be overly strict with the guidelines.

-A 10 to 30 minute session is perfect. One can bathe this way for up to one hour.

-Important: One hour of an Antidote Bath may have the same fatiguing effect as a good cure (or diet); in order to prepare, first have a good rest, or, at the very least, have a relaxing hour or so before the bath!

-20 minutes of this bath are more effective than two 10 minute baths.

Frequency

Once or twice per day.

Do not have an Antidote Bath after meals (digestion would take too much energy from the stimulated area).

[Stimulation of Fascia; italics, mine]

The "active ingredient" (what makes this procedure successful) is explained in many articles found on the Internet. The Antidote Bath acts by the double means of friction [rubbing action; italics, mine] and cold [water compresses; italics, mine], to stimulate the various fascia. A fascia is a fibrous membrane which covers or wraps an anatomical structure. It is a dense connective tissue, very rich in collagen fibers. [see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascia ]

Fascia enclose each muscle and certain organs; there are also fascia between each, which are interconnective, like chain mesh. It is within these fascia that one can obtain a variety of effects on many diseases, since the entire body is connected together by this fiberous network to the brain, also surrounded by fascia.

This explains the possible improvements to the circulatory and muscular systems, and other results, more or less directly.

According to the various articles available for research, these fascia would have a very important role in retention and, therefore, the release of substances which hold toxins; for example, excess body fat [i.e, which stores hormones and absorbs toxins; italics, mine].

While stimultates these fascia, one (D) activates the natural elimination of these substances stored in small amounts everywhere; the outward manifestation of their release would be, in essence, akin to the unpleasant symptoms related to a previously experienced disease. These side-effects result from elimination of the internal remainders [i.e., toxins; italics, mine] of a disease which have been stored in the body [see Jarish-Herxheimer Reaction; italics min ].

I did not read anything which refers to odd explanations or scientific theories. Qi [ki, life-force energy; italics, mine], while not being proven, is completely scientifiic and coherent.

Effects

There is not yet anything based on scientific research to be found in the proliferation of pages on the Internet, which are mainly testimonies from a number of people. One often discovers a list of diseases compiled by France Guillain, which could be treated by the Antidote Bath. This list was published following interest that [her book] caused. This list, which makes the bath appear to be a panacea, may come to the point of causing us to doubt the effectiveness of this method! (One is always wary of miracle remedies.) Not having had all the diseases indicated in this list :) -), I could not attest to the effects of the baths on each one of them! Consequently, I've copied the list for you, so that you can explore it and try your own experiments. If you attempt it, do not forget to tell us the results (we are not scientists!) of your experiment by updating the section the Antidote Bath testimonies [see the ekopedia.com webpage, linked above; italics, mine].

A
Acne, Tinnitus, Allergies to the sun and pollens, Angina, Anguish, Osteoarthritis and Arthritis, Asthma.
B
Bulimia (disordered state of the appetite), Bouts of fever.
C
Hot flashes (test the freezer gel pocket [Yokool]!), Cellulitis, Greying Hair, Baldness, Constipation, Neck (pains and stiffnesses), Cystitis.
D
Disordered state of the appetite, Teeth and gums (tooth ache), Dependences (alcohol, tobacco, coffee, drugs), Pain (S).
E
Eczema, various outgrowths, Cold or hot extremeties.
F, H, I, M, R
Fatigue, chronic
Urinary leakage (woman: when jumping, laughing)
Hemorroids, Herpes
Eruptions
Incontinence, Unspecified infection, Insomnia
Memory, Headaches, Throat irritations (laryngitis)
Regulation of weight (weight loss)

The effects experienced are not always necessarily those desired, especially initially. Vis-a-vis the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augeas]Augean stables, the body responds with ITS priorities, not with those of your mind!

-Normally, observable effects should be experienced by the end of one week. If such is not the case, either you were not assiduous enough (E), or you should increase the duration and/or the frequency of the baths.

-For weight loss, it seems necessary to measure the waist measurements, thighs, etc, as well as the weight. According to what I read, very often the weight does not change initially, and in fact, surface fat disappears gradually.

Counter-indications [do not employ the Antidote Bath under these circumstances]:

*Exhaustion: the total absence of energy, the effect of feeling weakened is the most obvious obstacle.

*Recent surgical operation: It is necessary to wait for at least six months, or up to one year for young person or one whose body is overtaxed. The body needs calm and of rest for the bath to derive the intended benefits. Perhaps is it necessary, after trauma, to first give the fascia necessary time to reconstitute and restore their connections.

*Of course, a person has undergone many surgeries, or one who has a prostheses or pacemaker must be very careful with these baths.

*Pregnancy: If you are undergoing treatment for pregancy, in-vitro fertilzation or other medical procedures, refrain from Antidote Baths for the first quarter, and then take the bath without problem. If you are already pregnant, it should be no problem to follow the guidelines after the last day of the pregnancy [to be sure, consult with your physician; italics, mine ].

*Also see the following site which gives testimonies and further information:

http://fr.ekopedia.org/Bains_dérivatifs

Internal Links (see the ekopedia page for URL links to these three subjects)

Care of the body

External Links

Techniques and history

A very good page: http://www.bainsderivatifs.fr

Bibliography

Les Bains Drivatifs by France Guillain, ed. France Guillain - ISBN 2268041395
Guillain is a journalist and avid naturist; her book has had at least three publications: in 2000, 2001 and 2002. Guillain organizes conferences througout France and will consider requests."

Calathea

Interesting idea. I've just had surgery, so I'll come back to this in six months or so. I do have a few concerns, though: it says it shouldn't be done if you're exhausted, and I'm permanently exhausted. Plus I get very easily chilled (particularly post-surgery, for some reason - if I wash my hands then I'm cold for the next hour, and I'm practically living under my heated blanket). I don't cope well with being chilled, and I find that curling up under the heated blanket is often very good for reviving me. Does that make me a poor candidate?

One question about the method you describe: "From the perineum till the hip bone" doesn't really make sense, considering the location of the perineum. What did you mean? Over the buttocks?

My other concern is that having to mess around evey day with a big bowl of cold water, and in particular having to clean it extremely thoroughly due to putting it in the toilet, would be utterly exhausting for someone with ME, and the cleaning products required could set off chemical sensitivity problems. I'd be interested to hear more about the two alternative methods described, the version using a bath board (though it sounds as if that would require tiring levels of bending down) and the version using a freezer gel pouch as a pad (the link there didn't work, by the way).

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Thanks for posting this explanation.
I have similar concerns to Calathea - i would love to try this and feel i may have the energy (as long as not too much faffing about with toilets and cleaning) But i also suffer terrible coldness all over and shivering just from washing my hands in tepid water - peeling potatoes is terrible and it takes me gaes to get warm again afterwards.
Secondly i also dont full follow the instructions about where to rub - it says the groin area - not the genitals but then says you can sit on a cold bottle? as calathea said where is the perineum to the hip bone - over the bum? then thats not the groin which is round the fron area? sorry to be picky - would be a shame to try it and be doing it wrong.

Asklipia

Calathea
I am very sorry you had to have surgery and wish you a fast and complete recovery.

This practice is not supposed to make you cold, on the contrary. The idea to do this seated on a toilet (of course for sanitary reasons, it should be done on the bidet but in my travels in the Anglo-Saxon world I never met any!!! Maybe I wasn't staying at the best hotels?) is that you are completely clothed, including socks. You should NEVER feel cold, otherwise it defeats the purpose of the exercise. You may heat up the bathroom in advance too.
What I found is that three weeks after I started BD we suffered a sudden wave of intense cold and it took time for the house to heat up properly and evenly. My husband was shivering and feeling cold inside despite extra clothing. I was amazed I was not feeling the cold! That is, I felt it was cold but it did not bother me really, I was happy instead of miserable. If only for that, I'll go on with these BD forever!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, after I stopped for a week (staying with friends who did not own the perfect size basin needed) I started to feel that inside horrible weakening feeling again. So I am stuck wit this solution for the time being.

As far as the cleaning problems go : I do not use any chemicals! Just rinse my basin with hot water. The inside would only be contaminated by MY bacteria. I can handle that thank you. You will find that BD make you excessively clean down there without even any soap, just with the amount of water and the fact that anything nasty is redirected at the bowels.
The problem is with the outside of the basin really. I rinse it too with hot water and take care to store my basin in always the same place on an old towel. I have sacrificed old towels, made six pieces and when five have been used for a few days I put them together into the extra hot washing (95C) with a cup of sodium perborate.
I keep the toilet as clean as possible. It is true that I have a separate toilet for guests so this reduces the odds of being contaminated by someone else.

justy
Since I started this thread as an answer to your PM question I shall explain more in detail:
I did not say you could sit on a cold bottle : I tried it and it is awfully uncomfortable!!! You can lie on the sofa with the bottle between your legs and angle it as you wish (not as good as doing proper BD with water in my opinion).
Where to rub : This is done at the front, the buttocks side is far, early out of reach and uninteresting for what we want!!! All the lymph nodes and arteries are at the front. The buttocks are just a nice pad for sitting down as far as BD are concerned!
From the front : Dip your cloth in the water then slowly drag/press/massage in small circles from the perineum (between genitals and anus) following the crease between thigh and pubis up to the left hip bone, then a couple of times vigorously on the line over the pubic hair across to the right hipbone, then down from that hipbone following the crease to the perineum again. There dip your cloth in the cold water, then start again. From time to time you should change hands as well as the direction (this is when you start to go over 10 mns, not a good idea to make the same movement for a long time. Not too fast because you do not want to tire yourself. This is not achievement time, it is a moment of bliss, a treat you offer to yourself.

Best wishes!
Asklipia

Hi Asklipia,

thanks very much for clarifying the procedure, now there's no chance to do it wrong! ;-) I've done the B.D. for 5 days now and I noticed some effects and wondered if that is a "normal" response or if they mean I do s.th. wrong...?: 1. I had weird and vivid dreams last nights and remember them well in the morning. 2. I had a light pain in the area of the thymus. 3. the need to cough - not much, just a bit.

I am wondering especially about those dreams and how this might be connected to the B.D.? Or maybe it's just coincidence...?

Hhhmm, maybe the others who tried it have similar experiences?

All the best!
Blue

Asklipia

Hi Blue,

Yes, this is connected to the B.D. You must be doing it right.

The vivid dreams : I had the same effect and I believe this is linked to extra melatonin production. If this extra melatonin is being created, it helps the eyes and it helps in general for what is ailing us. I have taken melatonin before doing B.D. and I felt the same dreams. When I did B.D., I had even stronger dreams. I think this is good for us because I had stopped dreaming for a long time and the reappearance of dreams was coincidental with more recovery.

Pain in the thymus : I had this too, especially during the first two months. Sometimes it was very strong, like a surge of a second heart. I was sure it was not my heart because I have absolutely no heart problems and it kept beating exactly in the same way through the episode. I suppose it is a surge of activity of the thymus, more hormones being produced there?

Coughing : me too. It is like getting rid of sticky mucus which was in my lungs but did not really bother me before. After a few weeks my voice has become clearer and I felt like singing again.

I think B.D. stimulate at least the distribution of hormones through lymph being circulated, but also the production of hormones. And stimulates not only the expulsion of lymph through the bowels, but also through the lungs. And it gave me very greasy hair, especially on the left side.

Good wishes!!!!
Asklipia

Thank you, Asklipia for your reply! Glad to hear you had similar experiences! I am looking forward what else the B.D. might bring ;-)

Best wishes,
Blue