• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Baclofen, an anti-inflammatory?

Thinktank

I sometimes use a low dose baclofen as a mild anxiolytic, usually before bed.
I've noticed that my skin and eyes looks much brighter the next morning. It feels like baclofen has some kind of anti-inflammatory effect on me.

Does anyone know if baclofen does in fact possess anti-inflammatory properties?

Thinktank

I've been dealing with high inflammation in my skin for a few weeks now, the inflammation is also making me very brain fogged.
Last night i took 5mg baclofen to hopefully improve the inflammation and as suspected it did. My facial skin looked calm when i woke up this morning, no more redness, My intestines hurt less and my brain fog has lifted some.

The article posted above mentions a reduction of chemokines after injection with baclofen in mice.

The anti-inflammatory effect of baclofen is truly profound, so if anyone else might have some clues on the how and why then please share.

Thinktank

I just skimmed through another paper discussing the anti-inflammatory effects of baclofen. If i understand it correctly it reduces the inflammatory signaling in glial cells.

I'm wondering if Jared Younger's list of anti-inflammatoy herbs might help me. His work is on microglial inflammation right?

pattismith

I've been dealing with high inflammation in my skin for a few weeks now, the inflammation is also making me very brain fogged.
Last night i took 5mg baclofen to hopefully improve the inflammation and as suspected it did. My facial skin looked calm when i woke up this morning, no more redness, My intestines hurt less and my brain fog has lifted some.

The article posted above mentions a reduction of chemokines after injection with baclofen in mice.

The anti-inflammatory effect of baclofen is truly profound, so if anyone else might have some clues on the how and why then please share.
I just skimmed through another paper discussing the anti-inflammatory effects of baclofen. If i understand it correctly it reduces the inflammatory signaling in glial cells.

I'm wondering if Jared Younger's list of anti-inflammatoy herbs might help me. His work is on microglial inflammation right?
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/low-dose-naltrexone-for-charcot-neuropathy.84310/

Interesting that recent study found that association between low dose Baclofen + LDN + sorbitol reverse the course of CMT1A a severe neuropathic disease. As both baclofen and LDN are fibro/me drugs, combining them might be a good idea

Baclofen makes sleep quality better. Maybe that is why you wake up feeling better.

I wish I could take Baclofen everyday but I am very scared of tolerance and addiction. I remember reading in the Benzo forum of someone who was trying to stop Baclofen and their withdrawal symptoms sounded like hell.

Thinktank

Baclofen withdrawal can be brutal but it's nothing compared to benzodiazepine withdrawal.
I still use baclofen only occasionally, if i overdo it my myoclonus starts to act up and i become much more sensitive to sound (hyperacusis). Years of benzodiazepine usage has affected my nervous system severely.