• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Back on my eliptical!?!?!?!?

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I can't believe it but two days in a row, I have been able to climb up on my eliptical machine and use it. I am being very careful. Only 16 times around, ha. That is only a few seconds but I am as thrilled as if I was running a marathon! :victory: With POTS you need to get your legs stronger so the blood vessels can be squeezed by the muscles. But if you are ill, you cannot walk, much less exercise. I try to do things on the couch, sitting usually.

With my CFS, I was horribly ill for so long until I found help, then for several years, I was doing good with that. THEN I got POTS.:In bed: One more nightmare to deal with. I am so thankful for my progress. I have bad days of course, but I sure have good ones now too. I keep on working and with support from my hubby, family and doctor, I can do it. :thumbsup:

kat0465

congrats sally!!
that is a big step :) sounds like you have a great support system, and that means a lot!! if you wear out that ellptical i have one i use as a clothes hanger ;(

glad your feeling better

Kat