• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Back of neck pain

HABS93

For years now I've had my back of my neck flare up from just going for a walk where it feels like a burning pain sensation. Believe the muscle I'm talking about is called rhomboid muscle. I've read that it can tear and cause this. However , I'm wondering if it can cause a chronic symptom similar to a balance disorder ? I can't find enough to find a conclusive anwser. And if true then what do I tell my doctor ? We are currently using all of our time dealing with sarcoidosis. Little to no information as my doctor doesn't know much about sarcoidosis as same as other forums . I don't think the sarcoidosis is causing the balance disorder like Symptom's or it's my neck problem ?

andyguitar

I don't think the sarcoidosis is causing the balance disorder like Symptom's or it's my neck problem ?
Hmm it's hard to say @HABS93 but if you've had the burning pain in the neck without balance problems in the past then it's unlikley to suddenly start causing a new symptom like balance problems. I suggest you ask your Doc what could be causing the balance problems and if it might be a drug side effect. The burning pain is almost certainly caused by a nerve being irritated and it's probably just a simple mechanical problem ie movement = pain. Some advice from a Physiotherapist on how to strengthen your neck muscle and improve you posture might sort your problem out. Could take a month or so to get any improvement.

HABS93

@andyguitar This has been going on for a year years now. It did start about a year before my Symptom's started showing up. That year I had multiple vertigo episodes and couldn't figure out why. Also my work made me go to a hospital on the third vertigo episode . The guy basically assumed it was because my ears were full of dirt. That sounds like a good idea though. On disabilities in Ontario you can get physio without paying so I might of lucked out. I'm just trying to figure out the brain fog and what seems like some sort of balance disorder.

andyguitar

I'm just trying to figure out the brain fog and what seems like some sort of balance disorder.
These two things do turn up in me/cfs. The balance problem/vertigo effects some people even when they are lying down. If you did damage your muscle and did'nt have any treatment for it then you can end up with a chronic problem. If you can get physio for free go for it mate.

HABS93

I'm worried it's been awhile since it started and I definitely made it worse by working last year. I'm going to go setup my psyhio Monday then !
Is brain fog and fatigue one of the same thing ? I wonder if the fatigue is causing the brain fog ?
I did find out sarcoidosis causing CFS/ME. Not just that but it causes cytokines to cross the BBB and stop some signals of serotonin and dopamine.
I'm going to start abit of a journal on this site starting in April. Marshal protocol. I'll give you honest opinions on everything. Ive just seen so many autoimmune issues get solved from MP.

jesse's mom

Good @HABS93 I worked way too hard as a hairdresser, my neuro is certain that it is what aggravated my neck issues. I wish I used better posture and knew how to handle the neck issues all those years! You still have time, you are young! As I get better in that department I have way less brain fog.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Is brain fog and fatigue one of the same thing ?
I wonder if the fatigue is causing the brain fog ?
It's good to see you posting, HABS ..... generally, I'd say that the fatigue and the brain fog are different issues from the same ME/CFS source, but with your other issues, I'm hesitant to offer an opinion.

I agree with @andyguitar and @jesse's mom .... the faster you get to either a physio or a really good chiropractor and start healing this, the better ....
my doctor doesn't know much about sarcoidosis
If your treating Dr doesn't really know much about sarcoidosis, you might need to check out what other Drs are available to you under your insurance. Sarcoidosis isn't the flu .... it's serious stuff, and it would be good to know that the person treating you knows a whole lot more about it than it appears your current Dr does .... I think that I've suggested this possibility before, maybe it's just not doable, but thought I'd mention it again because that's just the kind of nagging irritant that I be ....

HABS93

It's been awhile I know. I've had alot to do and most of it nothing to do with getting better. Honestly it's so confusing but I understand why sarcoidosis can mimic CFS. I'll have psyhio by April but I'm walking two hours everyday . Struggling to quit weed though if helps me sleep but it causes brain fog and balance issues to be worse .
There's a clinic specializes in sarcoidosis only one in Canada is in Toronto so I gotta get that refered to as well.
Ive taken alot of research into Marshal protocol and tbh there can't be so many people that have benefited from it if there was no truth to it. I have now gotten off the prednisone because that actually made me feel worse .