Autopsy findings: Summary of discussions

Very interesting.

I've been trying to grapple with the reasons why some people can ultimately get sicker through treatment not better. As Joshua's protocol is entirely experimental.

Interestingly I have resolved all of my spinal and cranial cervical inflamation. I still don't really know if this was from spinal attack or tissue swelling or brain based infection. But based on what you said about it sounds more like tissue based swelling from viral attack.

My question now really is how far can beta glucan and triterpene treatment take anyone in terms of viral clearance. Moreso if they've got an entereoviral infection.

But the main thing that bothers me and it's why I'm replying is that my core symptom of dizziness which is currently worse (even in the absence of an immune response) could be some sort of aberrant immune activation. Which might be made simply worse through treatment not better.

Really interesting studies these. It's nice to know the tissues can self heal. But the potential brain based infection might be flogging a dead horse. E.g. if you can't clear it from the brain then no treatment will truly work for full remission?

Thanks for others for explaining the studies.

Marylib

@Pyrrhus - thanks for this thread. I imagine there are various stories scattered through the forum over the years. It's such a fine line in terms of discouragement and encouragement, but so many are already gone - the famous ME Day founder was someone who took his own life and I am quite sure he would be happy to know that someone is gathering these threads together. The issue of case definition and the IOM criteria was so hotly debated and what came of it? The Canadian Criteria was what people wanted to remain for research rather than spend the paltry $1 million USD on yet another criteria. But the situation is as yet so dire, I think those who participated in the IOM criteria just wanted something as proof. It's all about money - it's always money.

Marylib

@godlovesatrier , Glad some things are reolving for you. I think you said you partook of the vaccine for the current pandemic? That would be another hit to the immune system, would it not? Wondering if the remaining 'dizzy' has something to do with that? Maybe that will fade.

Hi @Marylib I definitely believe the dizziness was sparked by the second jab. I think too many immune responses in close succession is the issue. But yes both the covid spike protein and the immune response certainly hit my ME body like a ton of bricks. Not everyone had a reaction though. I know severe ME patients who didn't get any reaction. Odd how we haven't all reacted to it. I think in Corts poll it was 40% of respondents.

Marylib

@godlovesatrier Hope you feel better soon. I won't go on because this is the wrong placement for this comment in terms of threads, but you are certainly not alone. In my opinion, polls don't tell an accurate story - too many variables, plus the fact that no one wants to discourage people from being protected. I think we deserve an alternative, but no one is offering it yet.

SWAlexander

Here is one from Wednesday 08. September 2021
"ME/CFS may be linked to failure in energy supply to the cells": https://sciencenorway.no/chronic-fa...failure-in-energy-supply-to-the-cells/1907778

“The results show what happens at the overall level in the body, and can indirectly tell us about conditions concerning the cells' energy metabolism,”

The researchers also measured hormones. Here they saw indications of energetic strain in the cells,

“We believe it’s an underlying failure in the energy supply that causes metabolic adjustments. Different systems are activated to keep energy production going continuously,” says Tronstad.

“We think that the autoimmune mechanism might affect what’s called autoregulation of tissue blood flow,”

“When we do an activity, the muscles have to adjust the blood flow to get enough. A higher work requirement requires more blood, causing the blood flow to be adjusted. If that adjustment doesn’t work well enough, the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the cells may be restricted.

“There are also several ME/CFS studies that point towards the possibility of disturbances in regulating blood vessel function. This gives us a basis for forming a hypothesis that the metabolic changes are adaptations that might be due to the cells not receiving an optimal supply of oxygen,”

For more read article.