• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Autonomic function in chronic fatigue syndrome with and without painful temporomandibular disorder

Float

Can anyone help me digest this?

Also on another note, is this section of Phoenix Rising the same as s4me.info, or at they stand alone pages?

I have done a forum search on the above study and it hasnt come up. Full text link below.

My Q about it is:

"The CFS + TMD group had significantly higher HF and significantly lower LF at rest than the other two groups. "

(I cannot assume these pts had para dominance, because the values are compared to other groups, and they dont give the actual values in the full text).

"Almost one-third of CFS patients screened positive for TMD and this was associated with greater evidence of parasympathetic dysfunction "

...(without the values how can i know what they are referring to? They already said the CFS+TMD group had higher HF and lower LF values, so if that group has para dysfnction, then surely the CFS-TMD control group who it insinuates had lower HF and higher LF (than +TMD) then it is the CFS-TMD group who have more para dys?

Unless. they are suggesting that a higher HF and lower LF is a para dysfunction? Which makes no sense to me!!

Can anyone help? Should I chuck this one out with the bathwater?

Full text provided here:
https://www.researchgate.net/public...54ftOdvnxc7Zjbou28mKas4S3jlvtshj-O6AVuTqqs9uM