• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Autoimmune panel (UK) Private

godlovesatrier

I know. Big city. Dreadful times for people in these situations and us as well. He's definitely on the emergency list and yet he's still waiting.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm rather worried about him.

lenora

I know. Big city. Dreadful times for people in these situations and us as well. He's definitely on the emergency list and yet he's still waiting.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm rather worried about him.

Please us informed as to what's occurring and when. I'm sure that most of care. Yours, Lenora.

PisForPerseverance

so far the autoimmune Encephalitis members seem to suffer from severe neurological symptoms or complications.
Right. I just meant, you can have both.
good just to be able to get a test and some idea if whether things are present or not.
Absolutely. Such a shame testing is pretty inaccessible there :( definitely keep looking for avenues on investigation, sounds like you're not giving up.
Thanks for the explanation of how it works tho.
No prob

lenora

Insofar as autoimmune encephalitis goes, I believe the only sure way to get a diagnosis is via a spinal tap (let's keep terminology easy here). I had two done, one week apart.

This is now 2 years later and I'd had no sign of a recurrence since that time. I also have two separate types of epilepsy (for which meds are taken).

No AE left me with memory problems, although I have managed to overcome a lot of them. I was just lucky that I was taken to the ER immediately. My quick thinking hubby. Hope things are better. Yours, Lenora

kewia

I had two done, one week apart.

Wow, you are really courageous to do it.

What's going on inside my spine would interest me too, but I saw one patient which had a spinal tap and hobbled afterwards in the practice of my naturopath and not getting better. The reason was probably an infection inside the spine, I don't know.

That was enough to convince me not to try it out.