Attempting to identify members of my subgroup - Subcutaneous Fat Loss

I'm trying to identify members of this community with the following symptoms following a flu-like "viral" onset:

Loss of subcutaneous fat in face, hands, feet, arms and legs.
Wrinkling skin, and increased prominence of veins/muscles.

If we can clearly identify 20-30 of us, I am going to raise money to do a thorough study to search for a pathogen.

If you have these symptoms, please respond here. If you know of someone with these symptoms, please refer them to this thread.

Please also indicate whether your illness is contagious.

Thank you.

Moof

I haven't come across this in ME, only in someone who had autoimmune lipodystrophy. I'll be interested to hear whether others have it too.

I have all of these symptoms plus muscle wasting and problems with connective tissue. I see Dr. Bonilla at Stanford ME Clinic next week. I included these symptoms in my illness summary.

I do! And muscle wasting beyond what would be expected through lack of use. Catabolism is a mechanism of many of the known issues within our illness bracket. Muscle, collagen, fat etc etc breakdown was quite common I thought. It certainly is reasonably well documented within the realms of infectious, inflammatory and immune conditions.

I look like a blood rake! Not nice for someone who used to have an athletic body to be proud of :-(.