Attempting to identify members of my subgroup - Subcutaneous Fat Loss

I'm trying to identify members of this community with the following symptoms following a flu-like "viral" onset:

Loss of subcutaneous fat in face, hands, feet, arms and legs.
Wrinkling skin, and increased prominence of veins/muscles.

If we can clearly identify 20-30 of us, I am going to raise money to do a thorough study to search for a pathogen.

If you have these symptoms, please respond here. If you know of someone with these symptoms, please refer them to this thread.

Please also indicate whether your illness is contagious.

Thank you.

Moof

I haven't come across this in ME, only in someone who had autoimmune lipodystrophy. I'll be interested to hear whether others have it too.

I do! And muscle wasting beyond what would be expected through lack of use. Catabolism is a mechanism of many of the known issues within our illness bracket. Muscle, collagen, fat etc etc breakdown was quite common I thought. It certainly is reasonably well documented within the realms of infectious, inflammatory and immune conditions.

I look like a blood rake! Not nice for someone who used to have an athletic body to be proud of :-(.

I was measured at 6% body fat. I was told that 10%-15% is normal for a male. I have been on a paleo diet for a few years and I think that is the reason for my weight loss and increased prominence of veins and muscles and loss of subcutaneous fat everywhere on my body ( but I'm not sure if my face also has lost fat). A few weeks ago I started adding in a few extra carbs to my diet to see if it will help, but I have problems with bloating (even with a strict paleo diet) so I am being very cautious.

Yes here....continued weight loss....slow rate but still continues .

My face has lost lots of fat. Look rather awful and can do nothing about it. Fingertips all collapsed and wrinkled...skin loose, crepe paper etc. Few muscles left.

Eating more food for several months while in the care of my daughter, didn't result in me gaining any weight.

But yes I am paleo rather, low carb for 15 or more years. Sugar currently minimal.