• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Atorvastatin -- Could It Work For Anyone Else?

Wishful

I took 10 mg a day.
I've had some treatments that worked for a few doses, then stopped working if I took them daily. T2 was one of those. By experimenting, I found that it worked reliably if I took it once every 21 days, and the effect of a dose lasted the full 21 days. There's no guarantee that this will work for any other drug, but you might consider experimenting with longer-spaced doses, and different dosages. With LDN I experimented to find the minimum reliable dosage, mainly to reduce the chance of side-effects or having it stop working. For ME, doctors do not know the optimal dosage for a patient; they're just guessing based on dosages prescribed for non-ME diseases.

I've had some treatments that worked for a few doses, then stopped working if I took them daily. T2 was one of those. By experimenting, I found that it worked reliably if I took it once every 21 days, and the effect of a dose lasted the full 21 days. There's no guarantee that this will work for any other drug, but you might consider experimenting with longer-spaced doses, and different dosages. With LDN I experimented to find the minimum reliable dosage, mainly to reduce the chance of side-effects or having it stop working. For ME, doctors do not know the optimal dosage for a patient; they're just guessing based on dosages prescribed for non-ME diseases.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm currently experimenting with your discovery (cumin), and so far it works. If that fails,then maybe I'll give atorvastatin another shot.

How well is cumin working for you? Is it blocking PEM, or reducing other symptoms? I'm sad that it hasn't worked as well for others as it had for me, and keep hoping it will help someone else.
I started taking cumin several days ago. It blocks PEM, eliminates my fatigue and brain fog and significantly reduces anhedonia. So far it works amazing. I take 1 tsp of ground cumin. Sometimes it works for a couple of hours, sometimes for 2 days, I haven't figured out how often I should take it, I'll keep experimenting. I will try to figure out the minimal necessary dosage. I don't know what will happen long term, I'm afraid to hope, because so many treatments that seemed to work initially stopped working for me in the past. I take it day by day and enjoy the vacation from this nasty illness. Regardless of what will happen, thanks for sharing your discovery with us.

Wishful

For me, a level tsp of cumin blocked PEM for 3 days. Less than a level tsp was less effective.

My initial response to cumin was temporary remission. That stopped working after a few days. It was years later that I discovered its PEM-blocking power, and that stayed reliable.