• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Atlanta Unfiltered - CDC insider to run research on chronic fatigue syndrome

I really think we should be asking those in power to remove all funding from the CDC CFS program. They have always used their CFS funds as a means to further humiliate patients with their psycho-nonsense and self-fulfilling negation "studies".

M.E. patients would be far better off if the CDC had never been involved! I would really like everyone to consider a campaign to remove the CDC's CFS research program. Get them out of a position to harm patients and the progress of M.E research.

I really think we should be asking those in power to remove all funding from the CDC CFS program. They have always used their CFS funds as a means to further humiliate patients with their psycho-nonsense and self-fulfilling negation "studies".

M.E. patients would be far better off if the CDC had never been involved! I would really like everyone to consider a campaign to remove the CDC's CFS research program. Get them out of a position to harm patients and the progress of M.E research.

You are right Jackson,
We have to fight, in many many ways, protests, sending letters to the FDA,NIH,calling the Univertities that have so far replicated the study, sending letters and calling congress and even the president, there's is a phone number where we can call and leave a message to the president, there is also the white house webpage where you can send messages to the president.
if we all do it specially those who are very well spoken and know and believe that XMRV and MLVs are real, somebody will pay attenion eventually, somebody will, send links of everything and anything regarding the WPI findings and how the CDC has been covering this up for decades, again you can contact many people, and the media as well.

there's millions of people sick with CFS in the world, we need to be more organized and do something about it, they got away with it before not only once but twice, this time they stand no chance, past generations didn't have the internet available back then, but now we can stay informed and maybe coordinate some plan of action

is just surreal and criminal how the CDC has been treating thousands of Americans treating them like second class citizens and many times labeling them as hysterical people, im am so full with rage right now,millions of lives are at stake because of the actions of the CDC, the blood supply has been contaminated for a long time by now and there's no way around it.

it's so obvious that there is something infectious going around among the American people i have lived in other coutries, and never but never i have heard of ME/CFS,Fibro,Autism and even MS, too bad that now i am infected with something too, in my family nobody has a history of CFS,Fibro,Autism,MS Lupus not even cancers and i have quite a large familiy and now i have brain demyelination after having a broken condom incident back in May and many other symptoms that resemlbe HIV, but yet i have tested negative for HIV,HTLV and every other known to man stds out there, to me there is no doubt and will never be any doubt that there is another retrovirus out there and XMRV and MLVs fit exatcly the description and the symptoms that i have.
simple as this, to rule out ME/CFS and even MS you have to rule out first many many other conditions including HIV and HTLVs, you don't need to be a scientist to figure this things out, it's obvious that there's something else out there.

I certianly dont feel like I know what causes M.E. but I do know that what the CDC has done is flat out awful and it would be hard to defend ethically. History will show the evil that has been leaking from the CDC CFS program in an obvious and definative way but who has time for that? Its just unfortuate that they have been so successful with the professional world in twisting the perception of reality. They have been derailing legitmate research from day 1 and have, in my opinion, harmed patients by providing misleading information and publishing corrupt research that is unknowingly taken by honest physicians/researchers as authorative and accurate.

lancelot

I certianly dont feel like I know what causes M.E. but I do know that what the CDC has done is flat out awful and it would be hard to defend ethically.

I don't think that the entire CDC is involved in a larger conspiracy as seen in the UK government, media and healthcare system to deny or to block legitimate CFS/ME research or patient care. The brightest minds at the CDC have always been involved in other life threatening diseases like cancer, aids, heart disease, etc. the CFS department at the CDC has historically been staffed with "bottom barrel" doctors and researchers who are mostly covering their tracks due to their incompetence, greed, and laziness. It is the CFS CDC department to blame not the entire CDC.

Dolphin

I don't think that the entire CDC is involved in a larger conspiracy as seen in the UK government, media and healthcare system to deny or to block legitimate CFS/ME research or patient care. The brightest minds at the CDC have always been involved in other life threatening diseases like cancer, aids, heart disease, etc. the CFS department at the CDC has historically been staffed with "bottom barrel" doctors and researchers who are mostly covering their tracks due to their incompetence, greed, and laziness. It is the CFS CDC department to blame not the entire CDC.
Yes, that's my opinion also.

Marty

I don't know if it's not the whole CDC; after all, they are "just government workers". If they lie about ME/CFS, I was wondering if we can believe them about HIV....autism....flu vacine....breast cancer...... We know we couldn't believe them at first about HIV; what about now?

Impractical

Jackson - that proposal was actually put forth by Rebecca Artman a few CFSAC meetings back and it was hastily explained that would mean no funding in other key areas. Check the transcripts for the full explanation.

Dolphin

Jackson - that proposal was actually put forth by Rebecca Artman a few CFSAC meetings back and it was hastily explained that would mean no funding in other key areas. Check the transcripts for the full explanation.
A few years back, the CDC was funding a media campaign that I thought was better than nothing. So there might have been factors then that are not relevant now.

Just because people call for something doesn't mean it would happen. But it might make people question how good the CDC program was if patients, who were desperate for research, still prefered if there was no research. Not sure if I've said it in this thread but what I would like would be something that gave information as to why patients didn't want it e.g. "we'd prefer there was no money for CDC CFS research than if it was spent on research using the (so-called) empiric criteria (Reeves et al., 2005)"

CDC rep supports ban on donated blood

I don't think that the entire CDC is involved in a larger conspiracy as seen in the UK government, media and healthcare system to deny or to block legitimate CFS/ME research or patient care.

If you read the article at the start of the thread the CDC rep on the blood supply safety committee specifically states that he believes CFS patients should not donate blood. Obviously he isn't buy the psychiatric explanations. No one gets a psychiatric disease from donated blood.