• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Standing Up For ME/CFS: Rivka Takes on Washington

Have to give you big credit! You do have guts girl! Most people would not do what you did as they would be terrified of being arrested - this being post 9-11. But you did good girl! I think they figured you were not a threat so they left you alone and then were curious why you were there.

Good going. Proud of you. They would have taken me off to the DC jail - not a place any one wants to go to!

:victory:

It makes think a) how effective video's are at spreading the word and b) why we don't this all the time. Certainly why we don't do video's at the CFSAC meetings twice a year. Think how inspiring it would be if we had video's from all around the US and Europe and elsewhere of patients protesting the lack of research into ME/CFS.

All it takes is one person with a camera and some people to show up at a designated spot and talk.....its takes a little organization....a little motivation........some passion..

Rivka - well done. That was such a courageous act and demonstration!

It was good to hear that you had the support of your family too!

It also just goes to show that security guards do have a heart, if you can just get through to them (I once made a US Customs/Passport official smile at JFK airport by mistake - it doesn't happen very often!)

good going...........i would be out there w/you,........in a heartbeat.........if i could.!
Haven't left my home in over a yr.,,,to sick

thank you soooo much, " for standing-up" for all of "us"
in blessing's,
marie