• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article from Dan Peterson and Maureen Hanson

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi all,

A message from Ronald Tompkins, MD, ScD, Chief Medical Officer of Open Medicine Foundation:

“It’s an honor to share a new multidisciplinary research article prepared by our colleagues and friends on the OMF Scientific Advisory Board, Dan Peterson, and Maureen Hanson. While not an OMF-funded project, this study exemplifies the rigorous research conducted by OMF and our associates.

It is impossible to overstate the significance of getting an ME/CFS article published in The Journal of Clinical Investigation (JCI). From a research perspective, this is how we break into the mainstream of medicine. From a clinician’s perspective, I am thrilled to see this example of researcher and clinician collaboration highlighted in such a high-quality journal.”

Daniel L. Peterson, MD, is an internist in Incline Village, Nevada, and recognized medical expert on ME/CFS. Maureen Hanson, PhD, has conducted groundbreaking molecular analysis of one of the many facets of ME/CFS – immune cells in the circulation. Dr. Hanson is the Liberty Hyde Bailey Professor in the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics at Cornell University.

OMF raises the money needed and brings together renowned researchers and clinicians dedicated to ending the global health crisis that is ME/CFS. Our donors fund innovation and have come to expect research with impeccable credibility. The time is now, to attract the kind of serious investment that will allow us all to expand our global efforts to fight this mysterious and devasting illness.

https://dm5migu4zj3pb.cloudfront.ne...-covered-253bed37ca4c1ab43d105aefdf7b5536.pdf

B