• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Artesunate and XMRV Test

Ronan

Hi,

I'm finally booked in next week to get the new Serology test. I'm just wondering though about the Artesunate i have been taking for the last few weeks. Will this cause any problems for the Serology test? I had been taking it for about 3 weeks and stopped last weekend so i will have it out of my system for a week before being tested.

Im being tested in Biolabs in the UK but the word from VipDx is that i wont get any results back from about 8 weeks because of the high demand for the test. All this waiting is so frustrating!!

Thanks!

Daffodil

ronan..i dont see why anything should affect the antibody test..but i could be wrong.

redo

Hypothetically, if you were seropositive, and treat xmrv so the body doesn't have to produce antibodies no more, it could turn you seronegative. But, as an educated guess, I'd say I'd at least take a month before the body stops producing antibodies, because the xmrv isn't active anymore -- and I highly doubt that Artesunate could be enough to surpress the xmrv so strongly.

Navid

Hi,

I'm finally booked in next week to get the new Serology test. I'm just wondering though about the Artesunate i have been taking for the last few weeks. Will this cause any problems for the Serology test? I had been taking it for about 3 weeks and stopped last weekend so i will have it out of my system for a week before being tested.

Thanks!

hi when i took the test in oct 09!!!! talk abt frustrating......longtime waiting for treatment : ). my doc recommended a 5 day break from artesunate prior to taking test...so it looks like you are more than covered based on his advice....the doc is very well versed in artesunate and xmrv/mlv's.

good luck to you