• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Arsenic, lead, and SIBO

Strawberry

Are there any studies linking arsenic and/or lead poisoning, and SIBO?

If so, would arsenic and lead poisoning change treatments for SIBO? I'm on rifaxamin right now, but if I have arsenic or lead poisoning (which I'm certain I do) then wouldn't it repopulate after ceasing the antibiotics?

I had never heard of the ASARCO smelter growing up, but found out in the last couple of years that the city I grew up in is mildly contaminated, and the city I now live in is strongly contaminated. I was able to get my property tested for free as it is a known highly contaminated zone, and they basically just said don't eat anything that grows in that ground. Hmph. I'm a gardener... So presumably I am poisoned... from Most of my life.