• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are you low in amino acids?

JanisB

Janis
do you still feel you need supplemental aminos on top of your weekly IVs?
haven't they brought your AAs into range?
I'm not sure. I did urinary amino acids (Doctor's Data: UAA) beforehand and was low low low. After 2 1/2 months of Aminosyn, I decided I wanted first to run plasma aminos (Doctor's Data) to see if the blood, at least, was okay, and it was. I redid the plasma about a month later, because the 1st test showed very high methionine and glycine and I had been having liver issues and wanted to see if I'd addressed them adequately with P5P. Then, after the 2nd urinary amino acid test came back normal (but a little bit low in some aminos), I did a UAA and I was still very low.

Also, did you not get any addtnl excitotoxicity with the Aminosyn formula?
It definately seemed to do a number on my brain.
I am thinking of switching to FreAmine.
I had to run it really slow or I got headaches and dizziness. Also, I found that it was stimulating; wasn't sure if it was excitotoxicity, or if it was the EDTA or DMPS also in most of the I.V.'s, or the additional minerals, or the neural therapy. So many things were done at once! I rarely slept the night of a treatment. The i.v.'s by themselves did not usually keep me up though.

I read in an old Genova Lab Functional Assessment Resource Manual (when they were GSDL), that normal plasma aminos together with low urinary aminos and low 24hour creatinine indicates 'subnormal renal clearance.' Not sure what 'subnormal' means. They say the opposite is seen in abnormally high renal clearance.

JanisB

Aquariusgirl, I forgot to answer why I still feel I need oral aminos -- because I don't eat that much protein, not nearly as much as my body weight requires, because I want to build lean muscle mass, and because I'm hoping this SON Formula will give me the right blend of aminos for rebuilding the body tissues. Take a look at their website and look at the research section.

Rrrr

JanisB,

Can you tell us what the cost would be if we wanted to get on board with you on this product?

I, too, have super loooooow AAs on my tests.

Rrrr

Misfit Toy

I agree with that dreambirdie. I have so many supplements that someone could use. I would be interested in doing that. I am sure my aminos are low. Sure of it.

JanisB

I am guessing it would be about $25 a bottle, but I'm not sure what the shipping would cost (e.g. to get the case). Then I'd have to add priority mail shipping costs out to whomever. The product retails online for $54 so it would be less than half price.

I have started it (a sample). The first week I had a headache along the liver-gallbladder meridian (cheek, temple). Now I am able to tolerate 4 a day without a headache. I don't feel anything good yet and my attempts to start exercising where thwarted by a setback.

JanisB,

Can you tell us what the cost would be if we wanted to get on board with you on this product?

I, too, have super loooooow AAs on my tests.

Rrrr

R

R++

Just found this product.. dont think it is the same as the MAP/SON product but sounds impressive as a protein food:

http://www.sunwarrior.com/store/protein-raw-vegan-natural.html

•Made with 80% protein, Sun Warrior has the Highest (non soy) raw (Not Heated over 90 Degrees) whole grain sprouted vegan protein on the market.

•By using a third generation process, we have created the best tasting vegetable protein on the market that has a silky smooth texture that blends well and tastes great compared with other chalky & grainy vegetable proteins.

•We use an old world process of combining the sprouted endosperm and the bran from Raw Sprouted Whole Grain Brown Rice. This unique process creates the first complete hypoallergenic Protein which is made up of all 9 essential amino acids and other non-essential amino acids in a perfectly balanced amino acid profile.

•Sun Warrior has a 98% Correlation rate to Mothers Milk and a 98.2% digestion efficiency making it one of the highest digestibility and efficiency ratings of any other protein sources (compared to whey and soy).

•Highest Net Protein Utilization score of any vegetable based protein and the highest ratio of amino acids converted to proteins.

•Sun Warrior is created with a Low Temperature natural Enzyme process that does not use any chemicals or acid hydrolysis (like most proteins do).

•Sun Warrior Protein is naturally rich in Vitamins and Minerals and contains high amounts of Antioxidants, Tocopherols, Tocotrienols and other essential nutrients — such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, phosphorous, iron and potassium.

•Using Sun Warrior Increases the efficacy and absorption of vitamins and minerals. There has been a direct correlation between the use of Sun Warrior Protein and the absorption of vitamins.

•Because Sun Warrior Protein is so digestible it can be easily assimilated by infants, the elderly and adults — The World Health Organization may be using Sun Warrior Protein in the future to feed malnourished individuals because of the hypoallergenic profile and superior absorption that Sun Warrior has been shown to have.

•There is currently a clinical trial which shows promise that Sun warrior Protein aids in the absorption of vitamins in Aids patients. There has been a direct correlation between the use of Sun Warrior Protein and the absorption of vitamins in Aids patients where other proteins do not provide such synergistic affects during the intake.

•Weight Loss - Clinical studies in Japan have shown that by providing Rice Protein as a staple in a diet it can act as a weight control vehicle. This is especially because of superior absorption rates.

•Cholesterol - Clinical studies have shown promise that Sun Warrior has cholesterol lowering potential and the USDA is currently using Sun Warrior in trials to see if it may help control high blood pressure.

•Unlike the extraction processes of other proteins, our method of extraction uses neither chemicals nor acid hydrolysis. We only use Organic Enzymes during the process and our process is 100% Organic Compliant.

xchocoholic

Just found this product.. dont think it is the same as the MAP/SON product but sounds impressive as a protein food:

Interesting thread ... I tried SunWarrior rice protein and while it didn't make me sick, it didn't do anything for me. A freind of mine with leaky gut tested allergic to it too so it's not always a good product for those with leaky gut. I have leaky gut too ... I was ok with Metagenics Utlra Clear too but it didn't do anything for me either.

On the other hand ... Solgar essential aminos have made a difference in how I feel. I have a thread on this site on this with some good links and comments from others ...

I use Solgar free form Essential aminos because they are free of all common allergens ... well they were anyways .. They've recently changed them to include corn so I'm in the process of buying those that aren't made with corn. And I've been in contact with Solgar ... nothing interesting yet from Solgar though. I think I need to get in touch with R and D. I've been out of town and am still recovering ...

This is a balanced amount of 8 essential amino and doesn't include tryptophan or arginine. And IMHO, is one supplement that anyone could use. It's basically the equivalent of actually getting the essential aminos out of the protein we eat .. for those of us who can't seem to do that.

The trick for me is to take 2 first thing in the am before getting out of bed, then 2 about 30+ minutes after breakfast and then 2 more in the afternoon. This is the only way it works for me ... TC ...

JanisB

I use Solgar free form Essential aminos

This is a balanced amount of 8 essential amino and doesn't include tryptophan or arginine. And IMHO, is one supplement that anyone could use. It's basically the equivalent of actually getting the essential aminos out of the protein we eat .. for those of us who can't seem to do that.

The trick for me is to take 2 first thing in the am before getting out of bed, then 2 about 30+ minutes after breakfast and then 2 more in the afternoon. This is the only way it works for me ... TC ...

Hi xchocoholic, how does it 'work' for you? What difference do you feel? Or have you done UAA tests showing improvements?

JanisB

... (part of quote eliminated)

•Sun Warrior has a 98% Correlation rate to Mothers Milk and a 98.2% digestion efficiency making it one of the highest digestibility and efficiency ratings of any other protein sources (compared to whey and soy).

Sounds like it could be great for smoothies

•Highest Net Protein Utilization score of any vegetable based protein and the highest ratio of amino acids converted to proteins.
Definitely good for those of us who want to be vegetarians (although I don't put myself in that category since I seem to feel better eating meat, fish and poultry). Compared with the research done by the INRC who developed SON Formula, vegetarian proteins are less than 20% net nitrogen utilization. I don't know how their figures compare with net protein utilization scores. Boy is this nutrition stuff complex!

•Using Sun Warrior Increases the efficacy and absorption of vitamins and minerals. There has been a direct correlation between the use of Sun Warrior Protein and the absorption of vitamins.

•Because Sun Warrior Protein is so digestible it can be easily assimilated by infants, the elderly and adults — The World Health Organization may be using Sun Warrior Protein in the future to feed malnourished individuals because of the hypoallergenic profile and superior absorption that Sun Warrior has been shown to have.

•There is currently a clinical trial which shows promise that Sun warrior Protein aids in the absorption of vitamins in Aids patients. There has been a direct correlation between the use of Sun Warrior Protein and the absorption of vitamins in Aids patients where other proteins do not provide such synergistic affects during the intake.

•Weight Loss - Clinical studies in Japan have shown that by providing Rice Protein as a staple in a diet it can act as a weight control vehicle. This is especially because of superior absorption rates.
Hope the SON Formula will do the same for me; so far I haven't regained my svelte figure. (not sure if I want to LOL or cry)

xchocoholic

Hi again ...

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?1336-Using-essential-aminos-for-OI

Here's the thread on how aminos are helping some of us. I have OI and they help me stay upright longer and have stopped my heart from pounding when I finally do sit or lay down. I still have to lay down every few hours for my OI, but I feel much better than I did before I started taking these.

It's JMHO, but those protein powder supplements are highly over rated .. They may help others, particularly someone who's not sick, but they never helped me. The problem is that our bodies still have to break down the protein in them to get the aminos. Solgar's free form aminos, or any free form amino, is already broken down for us and that's why they work ...

I'd stick with eating healthy meats and forget the protein powders.