• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are antivirals right for me?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I don't fully understand EBV, as this has more antibody tests than other viruses. With other viruses, antibody tests are usually just for IgM and IgG.

IgM are the first antibodies the immune system makes when you first catch an infection. IgG antibodies are made slightly later, and they become the long-term antibodies that stay in your blood, to help protect you from a reactivation of the same virus.

I dont think anyone does and it seems implicated in so many cancers and autoimmune disorders.

I dont think anyone does and it seems implicated in so many cancers and autoimmune disorders.

All herpes viruses are not good, they've just coevolved with us so they usually don't kill us. As people live longer now their disease is becoming much more common in older people.

I would just try antivirals, especially if you have the resources to get them. Acyclovir/Valacyclovir is very safe for most people and even Valganciclovir isn't that bad (I took high doses without any problems).
I just say that from the perspective of someone who has been immersed in hell for periods of time.

Time to move into a plastic bubble,

It's more that people should not treat things like sex and kissing as simple careless acts. Aside from organ or blood transfusions, sex and kissing are the greatest vectors for disease transmission.

The other things is to avoid any kind of intimate encounters from people from all different geographic regions, as many viruses we all have develop for thousands of years in certain areas and have coadapted to better to different locations.

Starting in about 10 years and going into 30-40 years we'll be able to take care of viruses rather quickly with new technology. Until then be careful...

...but you don't need to become bubble boy :)