• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Arachnoid Cysts & Dr. Chheda

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
Dr. Chheda, mentioned that I have a 5.5cm arachnoid cyst compressing my right temporal lobe and that I likely have craniocervical instability. She thinks those two together are contributing to most of my symptoms. I'll post an image of the cyst so that you guys can take a look and let me know what you think.

Main symptoms are Dizziness, Blurry vision, visual snow, burning in the back of my head, weak arms, shaking, fatigue. I also show clear signs of Myasthenia Gravis and Sjogrens (Acetylcholine Antibodies & Salivary Protein Antibodies)

I have seen 5 neurologists and a neurosurgeon and they all said that the cyst wouldn't cause problems.. I'm really confused because I don't know who to believe. I honestly don't see how a cyst in my brain can cause elevated CRP, ESR and autoimmune issues.

Does anyone here have any experience with arachnoid cysts or craniocervical instability?

Attachments

• 27393942_10211188021916173_424821889_o.png
    27393942_10211188021916173_424821889_o.png
    520.8 KB · Views: 61

lafarfelue

That's potentially a helluva lot of pressure in your skull, with that cyst sharing space with your brain. My first thought was 'how could it not be causing issues..?' :eek: Do you have it reviewed regularly to assess growth or changes?

Hopeful that the CCI stuff works out for you. :thumbsup: Pretty dang exciting that you may very well get to the root of your symptoms!

crypt0cu1t

That's potentially a helluva lot of pressure in your skull, with that cyst sharing space with your brain. My first thought was 'how could it not be causing issues..?' :eek: Do you have it reviewed regularly to assess growth or changes?

Hopeful that the CCI stuff works out for you. :thumbsup: Pretty dang exciting that you may very well get to the root of your symptoms!
I actually just found it 5 months ago when my symptoms became severe. The neurologists just say that i'm depressed and it's not possible for it to cause symptoms lol. I hope it works out for me as well!

Last edited:

Runner5

I have a friend who is an optometrist and his speciality is finding brain tumors, lupus and auto-immune diseases and other serious issues from looking at eyes. I know it sounds kinda strange when I write it out, but there is actually a lot of changes that happen in the eyes with the presence of auto-immune and tumors. He catches a disease almost weekly. When it was suggested I had an auto-immune problem or something serious he was my first stop, but he's also a friend and I know he's incredibly smart.

Anyway, just a weird idea for you. You might get your eyes checked.

Reading your post I was like .... f*****ck! That is all kinds of serious. For someone to suggest your symptoms are depression - I find that baffling.

I know it's a long road we're on to get better, but I think you're on the right path. Hoping all the best for you! Keep us updated.

Is the cyst parasitic, like maybe the cyst of a tape worm or flat worm? Being housebound, I watch a lot of Diagnosis Mystery and similar shows (YouTube) and those cysts cause absolute **** in people.

Sorry - I'm random, I know it. But rooting for you!

jeff_w

Dr. Chheda, mentioned that I have a 5.5cm arachnoid cyst compressing my right temporal lobe and that I likely have craniocervical instability. She thinks those two together are contributing to most of my symptoms.

I'm glad to hear the Center for Complex Diseases is now looking into craniocervical instablity (CCI)! I have been seeing Dr. Kaufman since 2014, and I was their "Patient Zero" for CCI. I've gotten several private messages from patients who are being evaluated for this.

It seems that Dr. Kaufman and Dr. Chheda are making this a standard part of their evaluations now.

Does anyone here have any experience with arachnoid cysts or craniocervical instability?

Yes. I had my fusion surgery for craniocervical instability on January 31, 2018.

As a result, I no longer have POTS, post-exertional malaise (PEM), light sensitivity, or brain fog.

The thread where I've posted my story is here.

Last edited:

crypt0cu1t

I'm glad to hear the Center for Complex Diseases is now looking into craniocervical instablity (CCI)! I have been seeing Dr. Kaufman since 2014, and I was their "Patient Zero" for CCI. I've gotten several private messages from patients who are being evaluated for this.
It seems that Dr. Kaufman and Dr. Chheda are making this a standard part of their evaluations now.

Yes. I had my fusion surgery for craniocervical instability on January 31, 2018.

As a result, I no longer have POTS, post-exertional malaise (PEM), light sensitivity, or brain fog.

Wow man! I'm glad that you are getting better after the surgery. I checked out your story and read the symptoms. It honestly seems so much like my story. All the symptoms and everything.

crypt0cu1t

I have a friend who is an optometrist and his speciality is finding brain tumors, lupus and auto-immune diseases and other serious issues from looking at eyes. I know it sounds kinda strange when I write it out, but there is actually a lot of changes that happen in the eyes with the presence of auto-immune and tumors. He catches a disease almost weekly. When it was suggested I had an auto-immune problem or something serious he was my first stop, but he's also a friend and I know he's incredibly smart.

Anyway, just a weird idea for you. You might get your eyes checked.

Reading your post I was like .... f*****ck! That is all kinds of serious. For someone to suggest your symptoms are depression - I find that baffling.

I know it's a long road we're on to get better, but I think you're on the right path. Hoping all the best for you! Keep us updated.

Is the cyst parasitic, like maybe the cyst of a tape worm or flat worm? Being housebound, I watch a lot of Diagnosis Mystery and similar shows (YouTube) and those cysts cause absolute **** in people.

Sorry - I'm random, I know it. But rooting for you!
I'm very interested in the opthamologist that you mentioned. Would you mind PMing me? I have so many issues with my eyes its crazy! I have toms of blind spots, floaters, visual snow and blurry vision.

As for the cyst, they don't know. They just assumed that it was benign and been there since birth.

crypt0cu1t

Would you mind Pming and giving me the information on which MRI facility you went to and which doctors to email the results to?

frozenborderline

@ashleyO looks like chheda does look for this stuff but still better to bring it up