• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Application of ideas in “The Body Electric”

frozenborderline

I have been reading the body electric and he talks a lot about renegeration using electricity in cases of non union fractures and other cases. It seems like electricity could be safer than growth hormones for regeneration and also that regeneration. Has to involve some regression or de differentiation of cells before the re differentiation /regeneration. The problem seems to be that there are few electric devices for healing that really use Becker’s principles of silver electrodes and very small continuous dc currents , a lot of the electric stimulation devices on the market are scammy and use currents that are too big. In that case I wonder what the chemical analogues of the currents he talks about for healing are, what hormones or chemicals facilitate de differentiation. I wonder if lidocaine or procaine around the ligaments could help, if the dna demethylation tbey produce has something to do w regressing the cells to a primitive non differentiated state

frozenborderline

Any thoughts ? @Hip I saw your post about building a diy bob beck thingamajig , I was wondering if you have thoughts on how to do diy application of dc micro currents, maybe transdermallu, or in the flesh if one is so bold? The bob beck one is ac, correct?

frozenborderline

You could use the same cotton-covered, salty water-soaked electrodes as detailed in the Bob Beck apparatus I made, and just connect to a 1.5 volt battery. That will give you DC current rather than AC.
So while i was complaining about how nobody's really tried to use Becker's exact specifications clinically, I came across this https://siselectromed.com/tissue-regeneration-stem-cells-silver-electromedicine-robert-o-becker/

This is an expensive device but built according to Becker's patents apparently (although he sometimes used implanted rather than surface electrodes ). And they provide all the specific details so maybe one could build ones own. It's very pricy but I trust Becker's ideas around DC microcurrents more than pemf machines so it could be worth it. And /or maybe someone (probably not me, but someone w less brain fog) could build one of these themselves. Any thoughts ?