• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone with experience of diamine oxidase

Hopeful1976

I have serious histamine issues. Does anyone have any links to where i can buy DAO and also any experiences of using it.

ryan31337

I have taken DAOsin for over a year. I thought at first it may have had some positive effect on my post-prandial issues. I also felt like it may have had a positive effect on migraine frequency too - I noticed migraine attacks with missed doses and when also when changing to a different DAO formulation, though I cannot be sure any of this is not just coincidence. Certainly a much clearer benefit was made by following a very strict low histamine and low fodmap diet.

I stopped taking DAOsin last week because my post-prandial issues have become more uncontrolled again recently, despite increasingly restricted diet, with suspicion that I may have an organic inflammatory condition going on and not just SIBO/histamine intolerance. I am in day 3 of the worst stomach flare in a long time - again, hard to say if coincidence or not.

The best regarded brand seems to be DAOsin by Sciotech, which has lots of availability in Europe - not sure where you are from?

Ryan

Hopeful1976

I have taken DAOsin for over a year. I thought at first it may have had some positive effect on my post-prandial issues. I also felt like it may have had a positive effect on migraine frequency too - I noticed migraine attacks with missed doses and when also when changing to a different DAO formulation, though I cannot be sure any of this is not just coincidence. Certainly a much clearer benefit was made by following a very strict low histamine and low fodmap diet.

I stopped taking DAOsin last week because my post-prandial issues have become more uncontrolled again recently, despite increasingly restricted diet, with suspicion that I may have an organic inflammatory condition going on and not just SIBO/histamine intolerance. I am in day 3 of the worst stomach flare in a long time - again, hard to say if coincidence or not.

The best regarded brand seems to be DAOsin by Sciotech, which has lots of availability in Europe - not sure where you are from?

Ryan
Many thanks! I'm in the uk. I know I have a histamine intolerance and have recently stumbled on DAO... thanks so much for your info. I'm going to give it a try.

kangaSue

Gut problems can lead to a deficiency in diamine oxidase enzyme production so it's worth trying a DAO supplement. Gut issues can also cause elevated levels of mast cell activity too so it can be worth trying histamine H1 and H2 blockers or even the mast cell stabilisers of cromolyn sodium or ketotifen too.