• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried Xifaxan (Rifaximin) for SIBO?

EddieB

Whatever is happening with you, I agree that Rifaximin doesn't seem like the right medication for you
Hi Jim,
Yeh, I think it’s more of an irritant/ allergic reaction to the xifaxan than anything else. It seems that any medication/ supplement that has any potency causes this type of reaction. My only options seem to be to keep trying supplements to support the gut and hope for the best. Thanks.

ljimbo423

I think it’s more of an irritant/ allergic reaction to the xifaxan than anything else.

That's very possible given how you react to so many supplements and meds. It seems like the allergy or reaction would have to be happening at the gut lining because Rifaximin isn't absorbed systemically.

Hang in there Eddie, there has to be something you can find that helps!