• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried Ultra Vitamin from Quicksilver?

bjl218

Since I seem to have trouble absorbing vitamins, my functional medicine doc recommended UltraVitamin from Quicksilver because it (like many other Quicksilver supplements) has liposomal delivery. The amounts of the various B vitamins seem pretty small especially in comparison to something like the Life Extension 2-per-day.

Anyone have any experience with this supplement? Are the B vitamin amounts lower because the absorption is expected to be better?

Thanks!

aturtles

I've just started using Quicksilver liposomal Methylcobalamin a week ago. Yes, the amounts are lower because absorption is expected to be better. For MeCbl, if QS liposomal works as advertised, it's as - or nearly as effective as - an injection, and so these amounts are plenty.

I've had many MeCbl injections (IM and SC), so I can sensibly compare results experientially to the QS liposomal. I am still titrating up with the QS-liposomal, not yet at full dose, so for me the jury's still out if it's really as good as injection, but I can tell you that it has a similar effect -- I can feel it. This could be a huge deal for those of us with cobalamin disorders and pernicious anemia who can't absorb b12 through the stomach and intestine.

Feel free to follow up with me in another week or two and ask me how it's going.

And if you've tried it since you posted, update me on how it's going.