• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried Geranylgeraniol? Alternative to Coq10?

marcjf

First time I heard about Geranylgeraniol (GG) was through a cardiologist that prescribes it to his patients that use statins.

Just like many others in this community, I tried different forms of Coq10 without any benefit. I was curious about GG because I never heard it being used in the context of ME/CFS. The literature about this compound is not great either, and a lot of the papers seem focused of mitigating statin side effects.

GG is a precursor of Coq10, Vit K2 and testosterone, and it is supposed to be a way for us to regulate endogenous production. I have also read that its molecular weight is smaller, and it is better absorbed than Coq10, but I am not sure about that. Like I said, literature is not great.

Anyone used it?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Last edited: