• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone think Trump will get CFS after treating his COVID w/ dexamethasone?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Hope this thread doesn't turn political.

I will say that the president seemed before this to have an incredible amount of energy. They said he normally only needed about 4-5 hours of sleep per day. Boy, I envy him that.

Because of that degree of energy, it must be a stark contrast to experience the fatigue that comes with Covid. I cannot help but think that would make him more sympathetic to what we are going through even if he never gets CFS.

I mean isn't that what happened with those doctors in the UK who are having post-covid issues. They are taking ME/CFS seriously now and even working with David Tuller to advocate for us against CBT and GET therapies.

sometexan84

I will say that the president seemed before this to have an incredible amount of energy. They said he normally only needed about 4-5 hours of sleep per day. Boy, I envy him that.
I didn't know that.

That sounds like a person who will never get CFS. Before I got CFS, I still slept 8 hours. I am under the impression that most people with CFS needed more sleep than others, before they got sick.

pibee

I didn't know that.

That sounds like a person who will never get CFS. Before I got CFS, I still slept 8 hours. I am under the impression that most people with CFS needed more sleep than others, before they got sick.

i still need straight 8, perhaps it even a bit reduced, but if i'd sleep just 7,5 hrs my head would hurt whole day.

tyson oberle

President Trump has lots of energy. They say all his people around him can't keep up with him even people half his age. I doubt it's anything special that he does. He probably just has very good genes. As Judee pointed out, he only sleeps 4 to 5 hours a day. But he also doesn't really exercise and he basically only eats fast food every day. I doubt he will ever get CFS. I wish I had his energy.

BrightCandle

Most of the studies on this show a conversion rate from Covid19 to lasting symptoms and a post-viral syndrome of some description at 35% or so. Sars 1 produced about 50% at the 6-month point from the whitepapers published so it looks like Sars2 is a little less severe in that conversion. We don't know about longer-term for Sars2 obviously but for Sars1 10% of those that caught it still have ME/CFS to this day and that hasn't changed much in the last decade. If you recovered you did so in the first few months or years as is the case for most ME sufferers.

My guess is that the basic numbers suggest around a 7% chance of developing ME/CFS longer term if it follows a similar pattern to Sars1. Not high for any one individual but a massive health crisis if we continue to have no treatment to ME and no vaccine to Covid19.

ljimbo423

Dexamethasone is a immunosuppressive steroid. Sounds like a recipe for developing COVID triggered ME/CFS. What if Trump got CFS?

I think inflammation is probably the biggest factor in ME/CFS getting triggered by covid or any infection.

So I think Trumps chances of getting ME/CFS triggered from covid are probably very small. Because Dexamethasone is an anti-inflammatory and he had such extensive medical intervention from day one of has covid symptoms.

Keeping his inflammation levels fairly low and short term.

Judee

Trump struggling to breathe as he returns to the White House

I did notice he was breathy yesterday and his face was flush.

I don't think he faked this as some people were saying. However, that is a gif so it keeps repeating, making it look continual. I would expect him to have some lingering issues. This disease is tough and his doctors did say the 7-10 day mark is when inflammation is the worst so I don't think we will know until then.

Judee

I think the therapies he received worked. I noticed the air hunger when he first got out of the hospital but he doesn't seem to have that anymore. I also had noticed before he was diagnosed that he looked tired sometimes (very unusual) in the week leading up to the announcement that he had it.

Could someone please share Dr. Chia’s office in and his contacts? I have searched through Google but can’t find any way how to contact him. I have read about his treatment and am interested to give it a try. Thank you so much in advance! Best, Svetlana

I'm not sure but I think I had heard that he is not taking any new patients right now. Someone else could probably confirm that. There are some good Dr Chia interview videos though on Youtube that are posted by @Hip that you could watch.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hello everyone!
Could someone please share Dr. Chia’s office in and his contacts? I have searched through Google but can’t find any way how to contact him. I have read about his treatment and am interested to give it a try. Thank you so much in advance! Best, Svetlana
Hi @Svetlana82 - here's his address and phone: 23430 Hawthorne Blvd., #200, Torrance, California 90505
Phone: (310) 784-5880