• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

anyone taking creatine for muscle pain ?

I took this many few years back and had some benefits but now my muscle pain is up again and I'm thinking of trying it again.

Anyone else using it , and do you have dosage advice or a recmmeneded brand ?

Pyrrhus

From my personal notes:

Creatine, in the form of phospho-creatine, is a vital energy buffer in cells, especially muscle cells and nerve cells. One may only need a low daily dose (500mg) of creatine monohydrate (or creatine HCl) to see an effect. It is often best to take the creatine with a little food and liquids, in order to avoid any increased stomach acid or nausea.

A large portion of the body's methylation capacity is spent on synthesizing creatine, so if you supplement with creatine you are also effectively freeing up a large portion of the body's methylation capacity for other uses.[1] Therefore, you might expect a large unpleasant reaction at first, but if you start low and go slow you should be able to tolerate low-dose creatine after a couple of weeks. As with B-vitamins, low-dose potassium can alleviate this reaction somewhat.

Reference
[1] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16400042/

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I took this many few years back and had some benefits but now my muscle pain is up again and I'm thinking of trying it again.

Anyone else using it , and do you have dosage advice or a recmmeneded brand ?

Have you tried Q10? Its known to help muscle pain caused by cholesterol meds like statins. It may help muscle pain in general as it helps with energy production in the muscles and throughout the body.

Some people find magnesium helpful. Try magnesium threonate as its better absorbed and less side effects than some of the cheaper magnesiums like oxide which can give you diarrhoea. Sometimes just a general electrolyte drink for a couple of days can help and then just as needed.

Otherwise if you have the extra cash UBER massage🤣. If on a budget UBER🍻🤣🤣

Have you tried Q10? Its known to help muscle pain caused by cholesterol meds like statins. It may help muscle pain in general as it helps with energy production in the muscles and throughout the body.

Some people find magnesium helpful. Try magnesium threonate as its better absorbed and less side effects than some of the cheaper magnesiums like oxide which can give you diarrhoea. Sometimes just a general electrolyte drink for a couple of days can help and then just as needed.

Otherwise if you have the extra cash UBER massage🤣. If on a budget UBER🍻🤣🤣

thanks heapsreal. In fact, I'm taking a break from CoQ10 as it was keeping me awake at night, so maybe that's part of whats causing the muscle pain

as fo magnesium - threonate better than citrate do you think ?