• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone knows these bacteria?

leaves

Hey all,

I just had a GI effects test done, and i have all kind of weird bacteria, but i dont know if they are bad or good..:worried:
they are: mycoplasma, clostridia (a lot), prevotella (a lot), fusobacteria, streptomyces, and Escherichia Coli. Anyone knows these guys? Am I ok or should I do something?:confused:

I also have some lactobacillus and bifido, but those are the good guys. And a tiny bit of some obvious pathogenic bacteria (helicobacterpylori, etc) but not enough to worry about.

So I thought my brilliant PR's will know what to do :) am I right or am I right !!
:hug:

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Hey leaves what does your doc recommend??? The clostridia can be bad as in gangreen, mycoplasma can be bad too, I'm not sure about the other ones but can look them up on the internet. The H pylori is normally treated with antibiotics. The other ones, well I know they are experimenting with some novel therapies for gut bacteria but I think most of it may be still experimental for now.

leaves

YAY my favourite doggie!!
I havent discussed it with my doc yet. also not sure he can compete with the collective PR wisdom :) He is always pretty open for suggestions.
Gangrene ??
Hmmm
*checking fingers*

I have like very tiny small aounts of h. pylori and c. difficile etc but not clinically significant it seems. I think I should focus on the big guys. i know there exists this relatively new antibiotics that clears all the bacteria in the gut (rifaximin). pretty expensive tho. Moreover i dont mind taking systemic ones as I am pretty sure these infections are not limited to the gut.

Oh I just googled and it seems that the fusobacteria (despite the fuzzy name) are def pathogenic. Then i guess i have to ask for metronidazole. Thing is I also have menginitus symptoms; brain swelling, stiff and painful neck, confusion etc so it could be a systemic infection too. Ask for extra long course? What do you think?

Stone

A lot of this depends on where the bacteria are located. Where or what was tested for these bacteria? Last week I spent 6 days in the hospital with an E. coli infection in my blood following routine gallbladder surgery and could have easily died. E. coli has no business in the blood, and if it gets there, you have a 50% chance of dying, even if you're treated. E. coli however do belong in the colon, where they are an important and healthy bacteria, as long as they are your own, that is. Were these bacteria found by blood cultures or what?

Joopiter76

Hi leaves,

Prevotella and clostridia are H2S producing bacteria prof. de meirleir also tests for. Clostridia diff can probably only be treated by antibiotics, prevotella and clostridia are oxygen sensitive so you can treat them with an oxy powder containing Mg-peroxide. E.coli can be good and bad depends on the strains, but I guess it is bad in this case, because Prof. de Meirleir also tests for E. coli E. coli is not oxygen sensitive. Bifido and lactos are oxygen sensitive too, so if you treat the bad bacteria, replace permanently high amounts of the good bacteria, to cover the free places with good bacteria. So if you use oxy Powder take this eg. in the evening 1 hour after the meal and in the morning take much good bacteria.
h.pylori can be treated by high doses of vit. C for about 1 to 2 months e.g. 10g per day. You can also ad some L-lactic acid to make it uncomfortable for the bad bacteria and more comfortable for the good ones, you can also use butyrate as Mg-butyrate (guess this stinks...) as the colon generates his energy from butyrate and glutamine. you could also do a test for small intestinal overgrowth which is either done with glucose or lactulose and measuring the H2 amount afterwards. (I hope my englisch is not too bad to understand because Im from germany.

leaves

A lot of this depends on where the bacteria are located. Where or what was tested for these bacteria? Last week I spent 6 days in the hospital with an E. coli infection in my blood following routine gallbladder surgery and could have easily died. E. coli has no business in the blood, and if it gets there, you have a 50% chance of dying, even if you're treated. E. coli however do belong in the colon, where they are an important and healthy bacteria, as long as they are your own, that is. Were these bacteria found by blood cultures or what?

Nope. GI effects test bacteria in the gut. Hope you feel better now?!

leaves

Thank you Joopiter, that is very helpful! Had no idea prevotella is a bad guy too.
I have used oxy powder in the past, it made me feel sick and did not really seem to help. How does Dr M suggest to use it? Sincce most of the bacteria seem to be aneorobic I guess I have to ask for flagyl? Or is there another antibiotic that Dr M uses? How long does he want people to use antibiotics and at what dose?
I have H. Pylori, but the amount is not clinically significant <0.01 so I really think I should not bother treating it. In addition I have oxalate problems so high dose vitamine C is not a good idea for me. i have also used glutamine in the past but that didnt do anything.

My treatment plan is now to ask for a 2 week treatment of Flagyl and take it from there; if complaints persist I can ask for treatment of the mycoplasma or rifaximin maybe. Does that sounds like a good idea? Speak up or forever hold your peace :)

Joopiter76

Hi leaves,

yes I remember you osted about oxalates and sulfur, so maybe its helpful for you to know, that I have/or had? bad sulfur problems and a very strong positive H2S test. What helped me the last 3 weeks very much was adding folinic acid, included in the product megafolinic. Folinic acid is known to improve CFS but I only took 1/8 of this tablett, 1/8 of 800mcg is 100mcg. now I take 1/4. Better sleep, more energy, its worth to try. Initially symptoms can worsen a bit.

So flagyl contains metronidazol wich is know to be toxic to human mitochondria, so one shouldnt take this for 2 weeks I guess. I took this when I became ill and I felt to die. It was horrible. But I cant tell you if it was the LPS from the bacteria or otehr toxins from dying bacteria or it were the mitochondria I hit. I have a worse proven mitochondrial dysfunction in the ACUMEN test and antibiotics are probably still attached to the mitochondrial DNA and this 9 months after I took the AB. So Rifaximin isnt resorbed from the gu very much, but you should know if your problem is located in the small or the large intestinal, because in the small intestinal you would need a higher dosage because of the fast pass through. But I also heard from someone who took flagyl against clostridia spp. and felt better, but I dont know how long.
maybe you have a look at https://www.bambussalz.de/nutriphyt/?c=mucoperm
Mucoperm is prescribed by KDM and Prof Maes as I read here. You can have a look at the ingredients, I guess Glutamine is not enough. I take most of the stuff mixed into mucoperm and my sesebility to different food was much reduced within the last 6 months. Maybe you should do some gut test to check why aou have so many bad bacteria attached? In my case I have a immune deficiency of the mucos (dont know how to say this correctly) the sIga and the beta-defensine is very low, so bad bacteria are not attacked. maybe you have an inflammation in the gut, which also occurs often (I dont have this).
oxy powder isnt suggested by KDM. It is generally suggested against anaerobe bacteria. KDM uses AB and suggests to take AB one week and then 3 weeks high dose probiotica like VSL#3 then repeating. (Ive read this also here)
Rifaximin kills about 90% of ALL bacteria so to ad good ones is a must otherwise the bad ones will replicate again and will have much more space to spread.

leaves

Thanks again :) I have tried the special folinic acid. Helped for one day or so. I think i still want to try the flagyl; a lot of asd kids have good results with it, and they say the side effects is die off mostly. I could alo use vancomycin, but that is more expensive and a bit a last resort AB if I understand correctly. You are right about the danger of killing the good guys, altho I sometimes wonder if I have any ;)