• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone have a 3D printer?

I have created .stl files for plugs for the CPAP/BIPAP hose to facilitate messless cleaning. I use a 60/40 mix of 2.5 cups cleaning vinegar/distilled water warmed in microwave 60 seconds (not hot!) to clean my hose. I put a plug in one end. Fill the hose to just where the hose meets the rubber connector after all air is purged. Insert the second plug and let it soak for an hour or so. Then I rinse thoroughly. No vinegar smell and the hose is ready to go. If you are interested in these files then PM me and I'll happily send them to you. All I ask is that you do NOT print and SELL the parts that I designed unless you intend to pay me royalty! I guess I could sell the printed parts but print time, filament use and shipping would make them slightly more expensive than I think they should be. If you insist I guess I could start printing a batch but I'd have to give a price PLUS shipping from Arizona. Shipping could be the killer for you depending on your location.

Feel free to P.M. me.

Joe

Attachments

• t725.png
    t725.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 7

TiredBill

Be sure not to get sucked into SoClean or other ozone cleaning systems. Those destroy machines and are implicated in the internal foam failures that have made the news recently.

I just soak my hose in warm soapy water per manufacturer's suggestions.

Bill

Last edited:
Nope. During my V.A. BIPAP training they advised us to avoid SoClean and ALL manner of ozone generation for equipment cleaning. They recommended either baby shampoo or cleaning vinegar. Cleaning vinegar being the best to kill germs and odors once flushed well with fresh water. I'm quite happy with the vinegar method so far. As soon as I arise I use a baby wipe to fully clean my mask then stow it away in a sealed bag until I retire for the night. I deep clean my hose every three days. I have a spare hose that is always kept clean and stored in a sealed bag and rotated out.

Joe

Last edited: